Supplies for DIY Modern Tree Art Handmade Gift:
- Duck Tape Brand Zebra Sheet
- Duck Tape Brand Spotted Leopard Sheet
- Paint in Burnt Umber
- 18 x 24″ Canvas
- Sizzix or other die cutting machine
- Circle Dies or Circle Punch
Instructions for DIY Modern Tree Art Handmade Gift:
Use the circle dies and die cutting machine to cut various size circles from the Duck tape sheets. You could also use a pair of scissors and some circle templates or some circle punches for this task. The Duck Tape sheets are a must though, as those make the tape easy to cut.
I used my inspiration image to sketch a tree shape by hand onto the canvas with a pencil. I then used the burnt umber paint to paint the tree. After your paint dries, begin to position your circles. Don’t adhere them to the canvas until you play around with the placement.
Please note that I roughly painted the tree leaving brush strokes to sort of resemble bark.
Then, just peel away the backing on each circle and stick it to the canvas. I wrapped the rough edge of the canvas in red ribbon as this is the accent color in my daughter’s room. I just used hot glue to secure the ribbon.
It is now ready to give as a gift or hang in your own home. This one is the perfect gift for modern art lovers and teens. Plus it is a great budget gift idea. You can get such a wide variety of Duck Tape colors and patterns so fitting this in to any home decor should be simple.
I hope y’all enjoy this handmade gift today. My DIY modern tree art will make a fabulous gift and look great in any home. What style of Duck Tape will you use to make your tree art?
- Tractor Applique Pillow
- DIY Modern Tree Art
- 8 Hoop Ornament Gift Ideas
- Apple Cinnamon Pancake Mix in a Jar
- Over 60 Handmade Gifts for Kids (a gift guide)
- Burlap Print Giveaway (in case you want to WIN handmade)
- Custom Photo Charm Bracelet
- DIY Stenciled Dish Towel
- Family Tree Ornaments
- Banana Dark Chocolate Mix in a Jar
- also don’t miss our Handmade Gift Gallery Page