I thought I would end the year with a healthy and delicious recipe for you! This avocado hummus recipe is a great snack or even a side dish. I really love avocados so this one was a no brainer for me. Be sure to add this one to your recipe box! You will love the results.
Avocado Hummus Recipe
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 (15-oz. can) garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Add avocado, garbanzo beans, garlic, lime juice, cumin and about 2 tbsp olive oil to food processor. Blend together until smooth. Add additional olive oil if needed to achieve desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice bread and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Toast under broiler until brown. Serve avocado hummus with slices of bread.
Don’t love the idea of serving with bread? Serve with sliced vegetables, chips, pita bread, crackers, or anything else that you love dipping in hummus. This smooth and creamy addition to your meal plan is perfect for those trying to eat healthier. Be sure to make up a large batch of this avocado hummus recipe as the entire family will love this one. A large batch with some dippers would be a great lunch on a busy day as well. Be sure to pick up the ingredients on your next trip to the grocery store!
Love avocados and looking for more recipes? We have you covered! Avocados are a great way to eat healthy and the recipes below are the perfect way to give them a try.
- Turkey Bacon Avocado Grilled Cheese
- Chickpea Avocado Salad Sandwich
- Avocado Chicken Wrap
- Baked Avocado Fries
- Avocado Potato Salad
- 25 MORE Avocado Recipes
Add this avocado hummus recipe and these other avocado recipes to your meal plan! Do you meal plan? Be sure to click here and check out our benefits for meal planning!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email every week!