Need a healthy alternative for breakfast? Try these cinnamon apple muffins! This recipe is easy to make and your entire family will love them. Add these muffins to your meal plan today. I make them in a mini muffin pan so they are in bite sized portions but the recipe will work in a regular sizes muffin tin as well. Whip up a batch and enjoy!
Cinnamon Apple Muffins
- 1 cup peeled and diced apples
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel and chop apples coarsely. Add them to a food processor and pulse until they are diced fine.
- Add apples to a bowl with lemon juice, milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and butter. Mix well.
- Add the oats to a food processor and pulse until a fine dust.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients of pulsed oats, flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry slowly stirring to combine.
- Use a non-stick cooking spray to coat your mini muffin cups.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with the mixture.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool about 10 minutes.
- Brush with the 2 tablespoons of melted butter for the coating.
- Add cinnamon and sugar to a bowl.
- Put your muffins in the bowl.
- Add a lid and shake to coat.
- Enjoy these cinnamon apple muffins with your family!
This healthy recipe is one that the whole family will love. They can grab a few of these on their way out the door in the mornings. Keep them on hand for snacking as well. Y’all enjoy and make a batch of cinnamon apple muffins today!
Love this and want more apple recipes? Try the links below!
- Caramel Apple Cookies
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Skillet Caramel Apple Pie
- Cake Mix Apple Cobbler
- Plus 3o more apple recipes here!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email every week!