Making pesto is so easy y’all! I made this version with fresh basil but you can change it up with any fresh herbs that you are growing in your garden. I love it added on top of hummus for a snack anytime of the day. You can also use pesto in recipes and more. Try typing pesto in on Pinterest and just see how many ideas you get!
Ingredients for making pesto:
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves (packed)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/8 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Now do you want to watch me making pesto? Just watch the super short video below. I guarantee it will make your mouth water!
Can’t watch the video or missed some of the steps? Follow along below!
- Add everything except for the olive oil to your food processor.
- Pulse until everything is chopped fine.
- Stream in olive oil.
- Process until you have a delicious pesto just waiting to sit on top of hummus or be added to any recipe.
Dig into a big bowl of hummus with pesto on top for your snack time. I guarantee you will love the results. I must say that this is my favorite way to enjoy hummus. If you have been on the fence about the taste or texture, this is something you really must try!
I want to make another batch right now y’all. This picture is making me want to grab my food processor and start making pesto!
Love this and looking for more ideas with fresh herbs? We have those for you! Just follow along with the links below to be taken to more recipes!
- Freezing Herbs
- 10 Recipes with Fresh Herbs
- Crockpot Hasselback Potatoes
- Golden Roasted Chicken Breasts
- Herby Buttermilk Biscuits
- Orzo Salad with Chimichurri Sauce
Subscribe to get our latest content by email every week!