Want to turn the ordinary candy apple tradition on its ear? Try this incredibly super easy fancy pants candied apple recipe. This chocolate peppermint apple with melted candy corn only uses 4 crucial ingredients but delivers eye-popping and super tasty fun. The crisp sour sweet of the Granny Smith apple plays well with the minty flavor of the peppermint pattie (GLEE!). Add the melted Candy Corn and drizzled chocolate syrup and you got something your mouth will really enjoy.
Chocolate Peppermint Apple Recipe
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 3 York Peppermint Patties
- Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
- 12 Candy Corns
- Coconut Oil
- Wooden skewer
Prep:Brush a skillet with 1/2 a teaspoon of coconut oil over medium heat. Add 6 candy corn candies, allow them to melt slightly (do not let them burn). Remove from heat and using a spatula place in the center of a plate or saucer. Working fast before the candy corn hardens, put a little coconut oil of the back of a spoon or on the tips of your fingers then spread the candy corn into a circle.
1. Rinse apple and remove stem.
2. Using a very sharp knife slice apple into 4 sections, you’re only going to use 3 sections.
3. Place the bottom section of the apple on the candy corn base, then add a York Peppermint Patty. Repeat with 2 more sections ending with the top slice of the apple.
4. Insert a thin wooden skewer into the center of the apple.
5. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with melted candy corn.
Enjoy this fun twist on the traditional this fall! You will love eating this chocolate peppermint apple in place of a traditional candy apple.