This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
Y’all Mary Beth with Cupcakes and Crinoline is back again this month with an easy strawberry tiramisu recipe. YUM! If you love strawberries, you will definitely want to make this one for dessert tonight!
Are you a tiramisu lover? I have to be very honest….until just a few years ago I had never eaten it but once I did…yes, it quickly became a favorite of mine. Never being one for the traditional I decided to throw a bit of a twist into the recipe and create a strawberry version using what I had on hand. This is so easy to make and the results are quite tasty I must say!
Cool Whip ~ an 8 ounce tub
1 8 ounce package of cream cheese
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Strawberries – 2 cups
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
dessert shells (I can NEVER find lady fingers so this is a good substitute ~ they can usually be found by the strawberries and are used to make strawberry shortcake)
1. Rinse the strawberries, remove the stems and chop into small pieces.
2. Whip the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract together until smooth. Gently fold in 4 heaping tablespoons of Cool Whip and 1 cup of chopped strawberries.
3. Combine all remaining chopped strawberries with honey and lemon juice.
4. Spoon some of the juice from the above mixture (the honey, lemon juice and strawberry mixture) onto the dessert shells and let them soak for approximately 5 minutes.
5. Fill shells evenly with the strawberry, honey, lemon juice mixture and top with the cream cheese mixture.
6. Top with cool whip if desired.
This easily serves 6 with the portions being generous.
If you like desserts with a twist you may also like the desserts below: