This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
It is fall and time for all things pumpkin! I thought I would share this pumpkin bread with caramel frosting recipe with y’all today. I know…it just sounds perfect for the cooler weather! Grab your loaf pan and oven mitts…..it is time to open a can of pumpkin.
Pumpkin Bread w/ Caramel Frosting Recipe
- 1 3/4 Cup of All-Purpose Flour, sifted
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 3/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, melted, but at room temperature, not hot
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Zest
- 1/4 Orange Juice, fresh squeezed
- 2/3 Cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tablespoons Dark Chocolate, shards
3. In a large bowl mix all of the dry ingredients and whisk together.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, add the pumpkin puree.
5. Add the eggs one at a time, allowing each one to be fully mixed before adding the last egg.
6. Add the melted coconut oil, orange zest and orange juice.
7. With the stand mixer set on low add the flour mixture a little at a time until it is all incorporated.
8. Remove bowl from stand mixer and using a rubber spatula scrap down sides. Do not over mix.
9. Pour batter in prepared 9×5 bread pan.
10. Bake for an hour (60 minutes).
11. Check the bread after 30 minutes, if the top is browning too quickly tent with aluminum foil.
12. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the bread if it comes out clean bread is ready.
13. Remove from oven and set on a wire rack to cool.
- 3 1/2 Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 Cup Butter, softened
- 1/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter and add brown sugar.
2. Allow mixture to come to a low boil, stir frequently. Continue stirring for 1 minute or until mixture thickens.
3. Remove saucepan from heat then add milk. Beat with wire whisk until mixture becomes smooth.
4. Add pure vanilla extract, and continue to whisk until vanilla is fully incorporated
5. Next, slowly add powdered sugar until you get the desired consistency, frosting must be pourable and spreadable.
Once you add that amazing caramel frosting to your pumpkin bread, you will not be able to resist trying a slice!
Be sure to make a loaf or two of this pumpkin bread with caramel frosting. You know that this one will be eaten in no time at all!
Looking for easy recipe ideas?
Struggling with supper and what to make? Do you wish you had a way to make meals faster? The dump recipes system allows you to make 10 meals in just one hour or less, rescuing your dinnertime and saving you time and money.
Want to try it for yourself? I have the perfect cookbook for you. Chicken Dump Recipes includes 5 plans, each with printable shopping lists and printable labels. Most of the 25 recipes included can go from the freezer to the crockpot, saving you even more time. All the recipes include gluten-free instructions as well.
What are you waiting for? Give the dump recipes system a try in your home and make meal time a bit easier!