Perfect for adults and kids alike, this unicorn drink milkshake is filled with the colors, flavors, and magic your day needs to be bright!
- Wooden skewers
- Mason jar quart sized
- 3 cups Ice cream strawberry and vanilla flavors work better with the food coloring
- Whipped cream
- Neon food coloring or any other food coloring of choice
- Star sprinkles
- Colored mini-marshmallows
- Jumbo marshmallows
- Chewy fruit candies
Make the Unicorn Horns and Ears
Unwrap the candies and put them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to get them soft. Be sure to put them on a plate first as they will stick!
Start pulling them into long skinny strands with your hands. Use caution as they may be hot.
Twist the strands together into a cone like shape.
Add your unicorn horn to the wood skewer and it is ready for your unicorn drink!
Now we need some unicorn ears! I used large marshmallows, pink sprinkles, and wood skewers.
Cut the marshmallows in half then shape with your hands into an ear shape. Add to a wood skewer. The cut edge will be really sticky.
Dip that cut edge into sprinkles and you have a cute unicorn ear
Make the Unicorn Milkshake
Once you have two ears and a horn, you are ready to make your unicorn milkshake!
Start by mixing up the milkshake in a separate container. I mixed up two batches but you can do it all at once. Just mix 3 cups of ice cream with enough milk to make it the consistency that you like. I used strawberry for half of mine and vanilla for the other half.
Fill the jar about half way with milk shake. The colors start to blend and mix....magic!
Add a few more drips of food coloring and fill the jar up to the threads with your milkshake. The magic of the colors will continue to swirl inside of your jar.
Top off your unicorn drink with a handful of colorful marshmallows.
Add a crown of whipped cream and add on star sprinkles just because!
Then cut off your skewers to length and add your horn and ears to the top.
This unicorn drink is ready to serve to anyone that you love!
- Share your magic. This milkshake is intended to be shared among two or more people.
- Who needs portions? The recipe for this portion does not matter. The magic is in the food coloring!
- Kid-friendly fun! If you are serving this to your kids, now is the time to invite them into the kitchen. They will want to watch the magic happen!
- Add all the colors. Drip some food coloring down the side of your jar as shown below. Add any colors that you like!