DIY Rustic Wood Sign for Your Sweet Tea
I have a big treat for y'all today. This DIY rustic wood sign is the perfect addition to any outdoor area and also a fun addition to any space in your home! This is a quick and easy DIY project you can make with scraps you already have in your home.
- Wooden Planks (5 at 17.5 x 3.5 each)
- Hammer or Drill
- Pen or Pencil
- Paint any kind or color
- Thin paintbrush
- Small hand sander
- Transfer paper
- Words printed on multiple sheet of plain copy paper
- White craft paper
For The Wood:
Cut the planks to desired size
Nail the back of the sign to hold in place with Long pain stir sticks
Sand with the sander to smoothen
For The Sign
Arrange the words onto the sign however you like them
Put strips of transfer paper under each sheet
Trace on top of the copy paper with your pencil
Use the white craft paint to fill in the lines.
Use a matte sealer spray to spray on and protect your work (optional)
- I used an old window frame as the base for my sign, you can use whatever wood you have lying around your home.
- Make the painting as rustic as you'd like.
- Leave gaps and unpainted areas to make it look slightly worn.