Y’all. My slow cooker peach dump cake recipe is going to rock your world. Seriously it is so yummy and you just dump it all in a crock pot and go. Plus it is perfect for summer because there is no need to heat up your house by using the oven. I call that one delicious idea. I am using canned foods today as part of a sponsored canned food blog tour. I am a canned food fan at our home. The process seals in those nutrients at the peak of ripeness. You can learn more at Cans Get You Cooking.
- 1 14 oz jar pizza sauce (divided)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb hot pork sausage
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- diced fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Begin by laying three strips of aluminum foil into the slow cooker as described above.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of pizza sauce. In a mixing bowl, combine 2/3 cup pizza sauce and the egg. Stir in onion, green pepper, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic, Parmesan, and black pepper. Add ground beef and pork sausage. Mix well with hands.
- Shape meat mixture into a loaf and place into slow cooker on top of aluminum foil strips. Cover and cook 8 - 10 hours on low or 4 to 6 hours on high. Center of meatloaf should be 170 degrees when done.
- Spread loaf with reserved 1/2 cup of pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Lift meatloaf from slow cooker using foil strips. Remove foil strips and serve. Serves 8.
I hope you like this easy, affordable recipe! Between April 25 – May 25, 2014 a donation of just $40 will help the Beckstrand Cancer Association feed a family coping with cancer for an entire week! Click HERE to make your donation.