You are going to love this fun Grill Master trophy for dad! This easy and fun Father’s Day gift is the perfect award for the world’s best dad– ready in minutes for a kid-friendly, stress-free, and thoughtful gift anyone will love!
Looking for more simple Father’s Day gifts? Check out this list of handmade Father’s Day gifts!
Make Your Own Thoughtful Father’s Day Gift
Your dad is going to feel like the best dad ever with this personalized DIY trophy. This is the perfect personalized gift for that dad who wants nothing for Father’s Day! Made with just a handful of simple materials, you will have a fun and creative gift ready in no time. Both daughters and sons will love this craft!
Some links below may be affiliate links which means you don’t pay anymore.
- Miniature grill of your choice: This is the kind we like!
- Round wood plaque: Perfect for displaying the trophy.
- Glue: Glue can be found at almost any craft store or supermarket!
- Gold spray paint: This can be found at either a hardware or craft store.
- Letter stamps: Can be found in your local craft store.
- Staz-On Ink: You can find this at your local craft store, too.
Note: Be sure to take safety precautions when working with spray paint. This craft can be messy, too, so be prepared with newspapers!
How to Make Your Father’s Day Gift or Trophy for Dad
This trophy is so easy to make and comes together within minutes! People of all ages will enjoy this fun craft for dad. If you’re looking for some great ideas to make at home, then this is for you!
First, start by using glue to secure the grill to the wood plaque. Note that my wood plaque came from a thrift store, but you can absolutely use an unfinished one from the craft store.
Next, spray paint the entire grill with gold metallic spray paint. I removed the grate from the inside of the grill and spray-painted it separately.
Be sure to look for removable parts before painting. Paint in several thin coats, then allow to dry completely.
Once the grill is dry, you can add a sentiment of your choice with the letter stamps and the Staz-on Ink.
How to Use This Trophy for Dad
I added the words “GRILL MASTER”. You can stamp any personalized message on this grill– the options are limitless! You could write, “World’s Greatest Dad”, “Best Dad Ever”, and “Best Husband Ever”.
What to spray the grill a different color? Go for it! Dad can display this DIY trophy in his office, bedroom, sports room, workshop, and so much more.
If Dad is the master of the grill at your house, then be sure to pick up your supplies to make this cute DIY Father’s Day gift today. He will love showing off his new World’s Greatest Dad trophy!
Need More Quick and Easy Crafts for Father’s Day? Check Out the Ideas Below!
- Father’s Day Mason Jar
- Daddy Daughter Frame
- DIY Air Fresheners
- Tie Tack Art
- Leather Key Chain
- Father’s Day Fishing Gifts
- Gift Bag for Father’s Day
Want to print the instructions for this easy Father’s Day gift? You can use the card below!
- Start by using glue to secure the grill to the wood plaque. Note that my wood plaque came from a thrift store but you can absolutely used an unfinished one from the craft store.
- Spray paint the entire thing with gold metallic spray paint. I removed the grate from the inside of the grill and spray painted that separately. Be sure to look for removable parts before painting. Paint in several thin coats then allow to dry completely.
- Once dry, you can add a sentiment of your choice with the letter stamps and the Staz-on Ink.
- I added the words “GRILL MASTER”. Just add one letter at a time until your Father’s Day gift is complete. Dad will love his DIY grill trophy!