I have had an idea for a reed diffuser gift in a jar for a while now and I finally got around to putting it together. This makes a great gift anytime of the year but y’all know that Valentine’s Day is not too far away right? And yes those jars are PURPLE!! It is the new color from Ball for 2015 and they sent me some to play with. Read on to see more about those as well.
To make your own reed diffuser kit in a jar you will need (note the following are affiliate links):
- Ball Jar Ball Heritage Collection Quart Jars, Purple
- Unscented Reed Diffuser Base
- Fragrance oil of your choice
- Diffuser Reed Refill
- Rustic Metal Star Cap (this is for a 6 pack)
This is such a quick and easy project because literally it is just assembling this gift in a jar. The purple jar makes quick work of making a reed diffuser kit that is gorgeous.
You can see more about how to assemble this gift in a jar along with 5 other Valentine’s Day gifts in jars by watching the quick video below.
I thought I would give you a look at how this is used and just how amazing it can look in any home. Once you set up your reed diffuser it will look like the image below.
Gorgeous right? I am loving one of these in my home right now. Will you be making a reed diffuser kit in a jar? Who will you give one to this year? Be sure to make one for yourself as well!
- Mason jar I used the Ball sharing jars because of their pencil like shape.
- Pink fabric
- Yellow ribbon
- Fiber fill
- Printed pineapple tags
- Hole punch
- Start by adding your sugar scrub to your jar. I wanted the gift to look as much like a pencil as possible so I made an eraser top. Just use a small piece of pink fabric cut slightly larger than my mason jar lid with scissors.
- I then added a small amount of fiber fill under the fabric and put the lid on the jar as shown below.
- You will also need to print the pineapple tags, cut out using scissors, and punch a hole in the top. Then tie this around your jar using some yellow ribbon.
A Year of Jar Crafts
Sign up for our email list to get a FREE book with an entire year of jar crafts! 12 months, 12 crafts, tons of fun!