Are you ready for some football? We are around here! The little man is playing Pop Warner football for the first time this fall. I decided to make him a little treat to celebrate the first game. I came up with a Snickers Football Cake to satisfy our sweet tooth. This cake is awesome plus is super easy. I don't know about y'all but that is the kind of recipe I like.
Ingredients to make your own cake:
- German chocolate cake mix (water, oil, and eggs to make the cake also needed)
- Milk chocolate canned frosting
- Snickers Brand NFL Minis (32 minis)
- White icing for decorating
- Chocolate sprinkles for decorating
1. You will want your cake to be football shaped. There are a few ways to do this. If you have a standard 13 x 9 inch pan, once your cake has been removed from the pan you can cut it into a football shape. I, however, had this pan from the Rachel Ray cookware line that was a perfect shape all by itself.
2. Spray the pan with cooking spray then add a cutout of parchment paper to the bottom of the pan. This really helps when removing your cakes. I always add parchment to the bottom of my pans.
3. Make the cake according to the package directions then spread in the prepared pan. Place in the oven according to the directions for the 13 x 9 inch pan.
4. While the cake is baking, cover a piece of cardboard with parchment or freezer paper. I do this instead of buying cake boards. I find that it works just as well and is more affordable.
5. The cake took a few minutes longer to bake in this pan then in a 13 x 9 inch pan. Keep checking with a toothpick until the cake is done. Allow the cake to cool for about 5 minutes in the pan before flipping out onto your paper covered board. At this point, cut your cake into a football shape if it is not already.
6. While the cake was still hot, I processed the Snickers Brand NFL Minis in two separate batches and that seemed to work well. Remove the wrappers on 16 minis and add to a bowl.
7. Microwave your Snickers Brand NFL Minis in a microwave safe bowl. I found that microwaving for 30 seconds, stirring, then putting them back in for 15 seconds more worked well.
8. Stir well then immediately spread on the top of the cake.
9. Once you process two batches of Snickers Brand NFL Minis and spread the mixture on the cake, it will look like the picture below. Allow the cake to cool an additional 20 minutes or so.
10. Once cool, spread the cake with the canned frosting over the top of the Snickers layer and on the sides.
11. Once the cake is covered, add chocolate sprinkles around the outside of the cake. Then add the white icing in a football pattern to the top of the cake.
12. Slice your cake and enjoy with your little football player or at a football tailgating party!
The Snickers layer on this cake is amazing! No one will ever guess this cake is just a dressed up boxed cake mix. I love these type of recipes that fake everyone into thinking you slaved away in the kitchen all day. This one is simple, quick, and delicious!
Are you ready for a bite? Pick up the Snickers Brand NFL Minis bag at your local Walmart and bake this cake tonight. Perfect for your Labor Day celebrations also.
My son loved his football shaped cake and we all loved digging into it! I hope y'all enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
- I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and SNICKERS® Brand. #CBias #SocialFabric