Try this crock pot pecan pie recipe this holiday season. Yes you can free up your oven and make a pie in your crock pot. It is delicious and so easy to make! I was so impressed with the entire thing including the flaky crust. Give this recipe and try and you will not be disappointed!
Crock Pot Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup light corn syrup
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 1 1½ cups whole pecan halves
- Add a slow cooker liner to the crock pot and spray that with non stick cooking spray.
- Place pie crust in crock pot on top of liner. This works in an oval crock pot (as you can see from the pictures) but you can definitely use a round one as well.
- Stir remaining ingredients together (except pecans) until mixed well.
- Pour mixture into pie crust. Gently place the pecan halves on top of the pie filling until the entire surface is covered well.
- Place a kitchen towel over the top of your crock pot then add the lid. Cook on HIGH for 2 – 2½ hours. The kitchen towel will catch some of the condensation resulting in a crispy crust for your crock pot pecan pie.
Turn off the crock pot when done and remove liner from crock pot. Set on a cutting board or cooling rack and allow to cool about 15 minutes. Lift liner from crock pot carefully with your pie inside. Transfer pie from liner to a serving plate carefully. Your crock pot pecan pie is done and ready to be served to your holiday guests. I have a confession for you all….I have never been good at making pecan pie. The filling is always overdone. But this one….it was perfect! Perfect! If you want a perfect pecan pie every time, make a crock pot pecan pie!
There are other pies that can be made in a crock pot as well. Try these ideas:
Subscribe to get our latest content by email every week!