Cool fall days are here and it is time for some soup. My chicken corn chowder recipe can be made in the slow cooker and is perfect for a warm you up meal. I add just a touch of International Delight to add sweetness and creaminess to this yummy chowder.
I have been wanting to try the smaller shelf stable varieties of International Delight and this recipe seemed like the perfect excuse. They are great when you just need a little creamer plus they can be kept in your cabinet until ready to use!
Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless thighs (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 3 large potatoes (peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 3 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 3 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1/2 small onion (chopped)
- 3 cans whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 can (4 1/2 oz) chopped green chilies
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (cut into cubes)
- 3 cups chicken broth (homemade or store bought)
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup French Vanilla International Delight
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- crumbled cooked bacon and chopped chives for garnish
Add chicken, potatoes, carrots, celery, bell pepper, onion, corn, green chilies, cream cheese, chicken broth, milk, and butter to a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. In a small bowl, mix International Delight and corn starch until smooth. Add to soup in slow cooker. Stir. Cover and cook for 15 additional minutes. Remove cover and season soup with salt and pepper to taste. Chop chives and bacon to add to top of soup as garnish. Serve and enjoy!
A great soup out of the slow cooker is perfect for a lazy winter day. Add this chicken corn chowder to your must make list today. Be sure to get more recipes using International Delight by following them on Pinterest and Facebook. I hope y’all enjoy this soup recipe as much as we did!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.