This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
I am here today with an awesome recipe for Nutella brownies that your entire family is going to love. What if you can take boxed brownie mix and make it extra special in just a few simple steps? Yep I am going to show you how to go from blah to WOW! And y’all know that WOW just flies off of that bake sale table right? You could even pair these with some other Nutella recipes for a themed bake sale everyone will love.
Break out the chocolate hazelnut spread because it is time to bake. If you love that familiar taste, you will love adding it to the top of brownies for a delectable dessert the entire family will love. Plus, these are so easy to make. That is my kind of recipe right there! So, dress up that brownie box mix and make it something extra special.
Chocolate Hazelnut Iced Brownies Recipe
- 1 box brownie mix plus ingredients to make according to box directions
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Almond Extract
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 7 tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- Prepare brownies according to package directions but add in 1/2 tsp McCormick Almond Extract before baking. Bake according to package directions and then allow to cool completely. The icing makes enough for an 8×8 or 9×9 pan of brownies. If you are making a larger pan size, be sure to double the frosting.
- For chocolate hazelnut frosting: In a saucepot, mix sugar, milk, butter, and salt. Stir constantly over medium high heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Then stop stirring and allow to boil for two minutes (do not stir). Remove from heat and add vanilla and chocolate hazelnut spread quickly (be careful when adding!!). Stir very quickly and vigorously until the mixture is smooth. Pour directly on brownies and smooth. Allow to cool then slice to serve.
Are you ready for the fall bake sale requests? Be sure to grab some McCormick spices and take your bake sale fare to the next level. You can add these Pumpkin Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies to your table as well. I know they will fly off the table.
These Nutella brownies may never make it to the bake sale, however. Be sure to make an extra large batch as your family will have first dibs. They will love that Nutella frosting and how great it pairs with the addition of the almond extract in the brownie mix.
There is no better way to dress up a boxed brownie mix then with some chocolate hazelnut flavor. I love the combination of those two flavors together into just about anything and these Nutella brownies are no exception to that. So, if you have a chocolate craving today be sure to add some hazelnut and enjoy these brownies!
Looking for easy recipe ideas?
Struggling with supper and what to make? Do you wish you had a way to make meals faster? The dump recipes system allows you to make 10 meals in just one hour or less, rescuing your dinnertime and saving you time and money.
Want to try it for yourself? I have the perfect cookbook for you. Chicken Dump Recipes includes 5 plans, each with printable shopping lists and printable labels. Most of the 25 recipes included can go from the freezer to the crockpot, saving you even more time. All the recipes include gluten-free instructions as well.
What are you waiting for? Give the dump recipes system a try in your home and make meal time a bit easier!