This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
Everywhere I look lately there has been a cow canvas. From home decor catalogs to Instagram feeds, everyone seems to be hanging some cow art on their walls. I thought I would make some free printables for y’all and teach you how to add them to a canvas for yourself. That way you can get the same look for way less! After all, no farmhouse is complete without some cow art.
Supplies needed to make a cow canvas:
- Cow printables (NOTE: see the bottom of this post as we have 7 options for you to choose from for free!)
- Printer and paper
- Mod Podge
- Canvas in the size of your choice
- Paint brush
- Credit card or plastic squeegee
Start by printing the version of your choice onto regular paper from a standard home printer (see the options at the bottom of this post). Also be sure to print in “best quality” for the best results. The process for adding the print to your canvas is really simple. I actually made a really quick video to show you how. Just watch below!
If you can’t watch the video or have issues, here are the steps.
- First turn the print upside down and center the canvas on top. Fold up all four edges.
- Then remove the canvas and crease the paper well where those folds are located.
- Add Mod Podge to the front of the canvas and then lay it the center of the paper.
- Press well on the front with an old credit card or squeegee.
- Then use Mod Podge to adhere the sides to the canvas.
- Fold the corners and adhere with Mod Podge as well.
- Finally allow everything to dry completely.
Please note that depending on the size of your paper and the size of your canvas, you may have some area on the sides that remains uncovered or excess paper may have to be trimmed with scissors. If some of your canvas is showing, you can also add some craft paint to make it less obvious if desired.
Once everything is dry, just hang up your cow canvas anywhere in your home. These fun prints are perfect for your farmhouse home.
So are you ready for your cow art choices? Pick from the options below!
Free Printable Cow Art
From top to the bottom:
- Large Nose Cow 1
- Cow in Sunset 2
- Ear Tag Cow 3
- Cow with Horns 4
- Cow in Field 5
- Fence and Cow 6
- Cow on Road 7
Tips for printing: Print with no margins so your art goes all the way to the edge of your paper on all sides. Be sure to also use best quality printing to get the most from your print. Measure your canvas and paper before printing to size appropriately.
So which of these great prints will you add to your home? Make a cow canvas or just pop one in a frame. Either way you can jump on the home decor bandwagon for a fraction of the cost!
I made three for my own home but I am also wondering if I need to make more. A cow canvas? Yes please! Not a fan of the trend? Try this same technique with maps as well!
So do you love this and want to see more pictures of cows in farmhouse style homes? Check out the links below!