I have a treat for you all today. A lavender sugar scrub recipe that is a perfect gift for Mother’s Day. I even have labels and tags so you can give this lavender sugar scrub in a mason jar to any mom on your gift giving list. This recipe only takes 3 ingredients so it is a great gift for anyone to make — young or old.
One of the ingredients is dried lavender which adds just a little something special to this lavender sugar scrub recipe. Be sure to pick some up for the smell alone.
- Scant 1 cup sugar
- Dawn lavender scented dish soap
- 4 oz canning jar
- 2 tablespoons dried lavender
- Add about a 1/4 inch of soap to the bottom of the jar and pour the sugar in. Add the dried lavender and mix. Stir in a little bit more soap until the sugar is completely incorporated and the mixture is a nice consistency – not too thick, and not runny. Seal the jar tightly.
Use your fingers or a spoon to stir up the mixture. Smooth over your skin in a circular motion to exfoliate and polish your skin.
Warning: Keep away from eyes
What mom wouldn’t want to pamper herself this Mother’s Day? Give your mom this wonderful gift in a jar for Mother’s Day this year. Make a double batch and enjoy this lavender sugar scrub for yourself as well.
- Mason jar I used the Ball sharing jars because of their pencil like shape.
- Pink fabric
- Yellow ribbon
- Fiber fill
- Printed pineapple tags
- Hole punch
- Start by adding your sugar scrub to your jar. I wanted the gift to look as much like a pencil as possible so I made an eraser top. Just use a small piece of pink fabric cut slightly larger than my mason jar lid with scissors.
- I then added a small amount of fiber fill under the fabric and put the lid on the jar as shown below.
- You will also need to print the pineapple tags, cut out using scissors, and punch a hole in the top. Then tie this around your jar using some yellow ribbon.
A Year of Jar Crafts
Sign up for our email list to get a FREE book with an entire year of jar crafts! 12 months, 12 crafts, tons of fun!