I am joining in with Crafty Hangouts again this month. This time I made some monogram wall art for less than $10 with supplies from Consumer Crafts. This post and hangout series is sponsored by Consumer Crafts however all projects and opinions are my own. In fact, I got so into these fun videos that I will have another one for you in a few days using Duck Tape for some back to school crafting. PS. You can enter to win a HUGE prize pack from Consumer Crafts at the bottom of this post so don’t miss that!
Supplies need to make your own monogram wall art:
- Wood frame $3.97
- Paper mache letter $1.97
- Duck Tape sheet $1.97
- Craft paint from your stash
- Scrapbook paper scrap large enough to fit frame opening
- Sizzix with dies (if you want a faster way to cut the arrow shapes otherwise use the scissors)
You can watch the video below for full instructions LIVE on how to make your own monogram wall art. This video got a little long admittedly. I will give you some instructions below as well.
- Start by painting the frame and sides of the letter. My paint of choice is Americana Chalky Finish paint because I could add only a couple of very light coats.
- Add scrapbook paper to frame. I had to go back and add hot glue around the edges of this to hold it into place.
- Trace and cut letter from Duck Tape sheet. Add to front of paper mache letter. Attach letter to center of frame with hot glue.
- Cut various shapes from remainder of Duck Tape sheet with either scissors or using a Sizzix and dies.
- Put those on the frame just like stickers.
- Hang in the place of your choice!
This one if for my daughter’s room and you can see more of her revolving art gallery wall by clicking here.
Now I promised y’all a giveaway right?? Enter to win the entire prize package you see below! US residents only, 18 years or older to enter, void where prohibited, and the prize is furnishes/shipped by a third party and not The Country Chic Cottage.
You can enter to win using the rafflecopter form below. The winner will be announced in the widget after the contest ends. A huge thank you to Consumer Crafts for sponsoring this post and this giveaway! Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway