This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
If you love oranges, you will adore my orange breakfast rolls recipe. I took a couple of recipes and combined them to make these great homemade breakfast rolls. They are melt in your mouth good and I am sure your entire family will ask for more. I know ours do! Use both fresh oranges and orange extract for the ultimate orange flavor experience. Serve these up warm or after they have cooled as they are delicious either way.
Get the full recipe for my orange breakfast rolls below. You can print directly from the recipe card and not waste any paper or ink. Put this recipe in your kitchen for easy access all year long — your family will thank you for it!
Orange Breakfast Rolls Recipe
What You Will Need
- 1/4 oz package dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Freshly squeezed orange juice
- Dissolve yeast in a small bowl with warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and salt. Add in yeast mixture. Add 1/2 cup flour and mix until smooth. Add melted butter and orange extract and mix well. Add remaining flour gradually and mix until dough forms. Add dough to a greased bowl and cover with a towel. Allow to rise until double in size (about an hour).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 9 pan. Punch down and roll out dough on a floured surface. The dough should measure approximately 8 by 12 inches when rolled out. Mix butter, orange juice, and sugar for filling. Spread on dough. Roll dough into a large pin wheel and cut into portions. Put in greased pan and let rise to double in size. bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until browned evenly. Allow to cool before adding glaze.
- Mix powdered sugar with enough freshly squeeze orange juice to be a glaze like consistency. Drizzle over rolls.