This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
I am always on the hunt for new ways to use my slow cooker as most nights are busy around here. This slow cooker ravioli with meat sauce recipe is one way to serve up a great supper in a hurry. Homemade meat sauce meet frozen ravioli to make this one quick but absolutely delicious.
- Ingredients for the Meat Sauce
- 1 lb lean ground hamburger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 gloves garlic grated
- 1 medium onion chopped fine
- 1/2 medium pepper chopped fine
- 3 cans 15oz each tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 container 15oz part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 bag frozen ravioli
- Meat Sauce recipe above
- Directions for the Meat Sauce
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and peppers and cook until tender. Add the minced garlic into the pan. Cook for 1 minute, taking care not to burn the garlic.
- Add the hamburg and season with salt and pepper. Brown the meat, stirring constantly. Drain off the excess grease.
- To the skillet, add the tomato sauce and reduce the heat.
- Stir in the dried basil, ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. Simmer the sauce for 20-30 minutes.
Preparing the Slow Cooker
- Cover the bottom of the slow cooker with about 2 cups of the meat sauce. Add a layer of ravioli, cover with a bit more sauce, then add a sprinkle of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat until the slow cooker is full.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Top with Parmesan cheese for serving.
Y’all enjoy this slow cooker ravioli with meat sauce with your family. I love it when I get home and a hot meal comes right out of the crock pot — don’t you?
You will want to see our collection of over 60 crock pot recipes in the video below!
Looking for easy recipe ideas?
Struggling with supper and what to make? Do you wish you had a way to make meals faster? The dump recipes system allows you to make 10 meals in just one hour or less, rescuing your dinnertime and saving you time and money.
Want to try it for yourself? I have the perfect cookbook for you. Chicken Dump Recipes includes 5 plans, each with printable shopping lists and printable labels. Most of the 25 recipes included can go from the freezer to the crockpot, saving you even more time. All the recipes include gluten-free instructions as well.
What are you waiting for? Give the dump recipes system a try in your home and make meal time a bit easier!