This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
I have a declutter challenge for you today. Spend 30 minutes today and get some of that clutter removed from your home. This is a great way to jump start your mission to a more organized home. I love a quick task that has immediate results! Ready to get started?
Set your timer for 30 minutes and try to eliminate 3 bags of clutter from your home. The bags can be any size that you wish. There are no rules! Just pick an area and eliminate that clutter you know is lurking! Stuck for where to start? Try these areas for quick wins!
- Paper, paper, paper. It seems to accumulate on every surface and in every drawer. Start by reducing the amount of paper in your home for a quick and easy way to jump start your battle with clutter. Look around your home for an area that seems to overflow with paper. Sort the stack into paper you can get rid of, things that need to be filed, and paper that needs attention of some sort.
- Move onto the kitchen and the items that can be purged from this area. Look at your counters and cabinets with new eyes. What items do you really use and which are just taking up space? Create a pile of gadgets and appliances that you have not used in the past 6 months. Which of these can you donate? You might be surprised at just how many of those kitchen gadgets are just taking up space in your home.
- Head into the bathroom and take a look at those health and beauty supplies. Clear out your cabinets, baskets, and bins. Take a look at the amount of supplies you have. Which are you using regularly and which are just taking up space? Do you have containers that are almost empty? The bathroom is usually small but a place where we tend to accumulate things we really don’t need. Will you ever use those bath salts? Do you have fragrances of soap or lotion that you don’t love? What about expired and old make up, medicine, and more? Free your bathroom from all of that excess clutter.
- Your closet may perhaps be the largest area of unused clutter in your home. Be sure to look at your wardrobe with new eyes. Pick out things you regularly wear first and put those in a keep pile. Look at everything that is left! These are all things that you do not regularly wear but they are taking up precious space in your home. Go through these lesser-worn items and really try to donate as much as possible. You will be left feeling lighter and your closet will look so much better!
- Last but not least, you can usually get a quick win with office supplies in your home. How many pens do you actually need anyway? Whether you have a desk, office space, or just a junk drawer, look at what you actually use, and clear the clutter from any size space.
Congrats! You should have a pile of clutter that can be donated or sold. But the main point is that it will be out of your home! See what all I collected in just 30 minutes?
Now that is what I call a success! This is actually the first day of our 31 day email series that will guide you on your way to a clutter free home. If you loved this challenge, be sure to join us in our mission!
I found that tackling my home in bite sized pieces worked best but I didn’t want to drag out the process too long. I took the areas of my home and divided them into 31 daily missions for a clutter free home. I took the entire thing and put it into a series of emails. Each day you will get a mission to reduce the clutter in your home. Each one should take about 30 minutes to an hour depending on how much you have to tackle. Of course, some areas might take a entire day if it really out of control! The beauty of getting the tasks in bite sized emails is that you can work on the series at your own pace. Sign up for the emails in the form below and declutter your home in 31 days.
You have already completed the first quick task with this declutter challenge. Just complete the other 30 days and you will have a more organized home!
Need more tips to declutter your home? Try these!
- How to Declutter and Get Organized
- Taming Office Paper Clutter
- Tips for an Organized Basement
- How to Let Go of Clutter
- 50 Things You Need to Throw Away
Want more help organizing your home?
Do images on Pinterest stress you out because they seem more like a fairy tale?
Don’t fall into that pretty and perfect trap. You can get clutter-free and organized without living a fairy tale life. No one knows this better than my friend Hilary! She has an entire course for sale that is dedicated to real-life organization ideas. I love that her approach works for any family with any budget. You can click here to check out her course and judge for yourself!
My favorite part of this course is that Hilary strives to make your home easier to clean-up, so it takes minutes, instead of hours. Who couldn’t use more time and less cleaning? Plus the system can make your house look fairly put together most times of the day. Just click here for this course!
Declutter Your Home in 31 Days!
Clear the clutter and organize your home with our daily emails! Every day for a month we will send you a prompt to declutter! Sign up for our email list below to get started.