This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
Decorate a mini mason jar to create a cute little “Leprechaun treat”, perfect for St. Patrick’s day! You can create these darling treat jars for a class party or your favorite lad or lass at home. Or you can even prep all the materials ahead of time and have a great group activity the kids will love creating.
Materials needed to make these mason jar party favors:
- Cricut Machine and Cricut Design Space
- Mini mason jar
- Gold adhesive foil
- Shamrock SVG cut design (click here to download the SVG)
- Gold curling ribbon
- Candies or other little treats (get green M&Ms here)
I used green M&Ms in my treat jars. However, you could use Skittles (tasting rainbows, ya know!) or any other treat you’d like. I think these would also make cute mini parfait cups.
I have a shamrock cut file and printable shamrock page you can use to create this project. If you don’t yet have a Cricut machine, just use the printable as a template to draw your own little shamrock and cut by hand. Then make a stencil or use glitter to create a custom design.
How to use the clover SVG file:
- Wash and dry the mini jar and set aside.
- Cut a small shamrock with your Cricut machine and the clover SVG using the adhesive foil.
- Place the shamrock on the mini jar and rub to ensure it sticks well.
- Wrap a bit of gold ribbon around the neck of the jar and tie into a bow.
- Fill the jar with your favorite St. Patrick’s Day treats.
You can use permanent vinyl for this project in another color if you’d prefer. I love the look of the adhesive foil, however, it may not stick as long as other types of vinyl.
A much more permanent option would be to create a shamrock stencil and apply glass or enamel paint to the jar. Make sure to allow time for the paint to set and cure before washing.
I think these little Leprechaun treat jars would also make the perfect gifts for neighbors, teachers, friends, etc. Imagine all the fun little goodies you can stash inside! If you’re feeling really creative, paint rainbow stripes on the jar and then add the gold shamrock.
If you love this clover SVG and treat jar project, you might also like these crafts:
- DIY Pom Pom Garland for Saint Patrick’s Day
- DIY St. Patrick’s Day Necklace
- St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes with a Pot of Gold
- Mason Jar Leprechaun for Saint Patrick’s Day
- 25 Saint Patrick’s Day Recipes You Need to Try
New to Cricut?
Sign up for our email list here to download the Beginner's Guide to Cricut Design Space for FREE today!
Sign up to get the guide emailed to you!