I thought I would pull together some craft books for you all in one big list. This is perfect for those crafters on your holiday gift-giving list. Or heck, you can also give this list to your family and friends as a big hint as to what you want. Yes, I know it is early! I actually try to get all of my shopping done earlier so I can enjoy the season. I thought a few of you might be that way as well. Otherwise, you can bookmark or pin this list of craft books and do your last minute shopping later!
I am going to do a list of books below along with what I like about them. The links are affiliate links. This means that you do not pay anymore, however, a small commission will go to this site. Now dive in and get a jump start on your holiday gift shopping!
- Hot Glue Hacks and Crafts – Yes I need to toot my own horn a bit. This is a book I co-authored and I must say I think it is a great book for crafters of all skill levels. You will never look at hot glue the same way again! It is full of creative ideas for using glue to actually make things and not just as an adhesive. Learn how to stretch your glue gun to its limits. You can purchase this one on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or your favorite independent bookstore.
- Brick Building 101: 20 LEGO activities to teach kids about STEAM. – Now kids can combine a love for LEGO with learning STEAM topics (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) in this awesomely fun activity book! A book that combines crafting with play for kids is a must in my book!
- Paper Party: Easy-to-Make Projects for Parties, Celebrations and Even Home Décor – If you love parties and crafting, this is the book for you. Discover techniques for making projects when hosting your own parties. Includes ideas for occasions for all times of the year and some of these parties are too cute…trust me on that one!
- Hand Lettering for Relaxation – Jump on the hand lettering trend with this fun book. While hand lettering can look intimidating, this book is a friendly and down-to-earth approach that will give you the confidence to draw impressive designs. Plus, once you learn hand lettering, a whole new world of crafting possibilities open up!
- Animal Lovie Blankets – So, do you have someone on your list that loves to crochet? We can’t leave them out! This book is full of cute patterns that they can then make for others. Heck, maybe this may be one of those craft books that you want to get before the holiday and make a few of these to give as gifts.
- Jeans and a T-Shirt: Fun and Fabulous Upcycling Projects for Denim and More – Give some upcycled crafts a try with this fabulous book. If there is one thing we all have, it is old jeans and t-shirts! Put them to good use with some creative crafts that everyone will love.
- Make & Give Home Apothecary – Easy Ideas for Making & Packaging Bath Bombs, Salts, Scrubs & More – Want to learn how to make bath and body products right from your own home? Bath bombs, salts, and scrubs have become super hot and they make great gifts as well. So, give this book to a friend or pick it up for yourself to make your own DIY gift ideas.
- Improper Cross-Stitch: 35+ Properly Naughty Patterns – Love cross stitch but want something a bit different? These cross stitch patterns are anything but boring! Give to a crafter that needs a little laugh or stitch up a few projects for friends and family.
- Creatively Christmas: Inspired Yuletide Décor – Want to craft up some Christmas before the holidays? This book has over 35 hands-on projects, creative and easy craft, gift and decorating ideas for every skill level. Then wrap up a few of these other books to put under your tree.
- Quick Crochet for the Home: 20 Fast Projects to Liven Up Every Room – This book has 20 projects that not only stitch up in a flash but also feature the clean lines and contemporary colors of today’s modern home. Make a statement in the living room with the Bold Diagonal Throw Pillow. Stitch up some serenity for the bathroom with the Spa Jar Covers. Add some whimsy to a child’s bedroom with the Smart as a Fox Bookends.
- Simply Tradition: 70 Fun and Easy Holiday Ideas for Families – Treasured moments with friends and family grow from traditions as simple as back-to-school ice cream sundaes, haunted gingerbread houses, and cereal nights in the park. Popular blogger Kierste Wade’s simple traditions will inspire and involve the whole family in the festivities of daily life.
- Color Your Own Happy: Designs to Color, Cut and Craft – You’ll find over 30, single-sided art designs to color PLUS extra design pages featuring DIY craft ideas and templates you can use to create with your finished coloring pages. Color, cut or create your own pretty art, crafts, and DIY projects.
- Red Ted Art: Cute and Easy Crafts for Kids – No list of craft books would be complete without a great kids craft book! This one has over 60 utterly irresistible things to make with your kids. From adorable peanut shell finger puppets to walnut babies, these are projects for all the family to have fun with.
- Creating Really Awesome Free Things: 100 Seriously Fun, Super Easy Projects for Kids – Filled with 100 fun crafts, Creating Really Awesome Free Things helps you develop your child’s creativity, imagination, and fine motor skills–all while using common household items. Each budget-friendly project features step-by-step instructions and keeps kids entertained, engaged, and learning all day long.
- Kids’ Treats: 50 Easy, Extra-Special Snacks to Make with Your Little Ones – This imaginative cookbook encourages you and your kids to head into the kitchen to make deliciously creative bites you’ll all enjoy. Features step-by-step instructions for 50 tasty treats.
- Party In A Jar: 16 Kid-Friendly Jar Projects for Parties, Holidays & Special Occasions – Sixteen kid-friendly craft projects that not only provide entertainment for pint-sized party-goers but also function as take-home party favors! These upcycled jar crafts are earth-friendly and sure to be the hit of your next get-together.
- Screen-Free Crafts Kids Will Love: Fun Activities that Inspire Creativity, Problem-Solving and Lifelong Learning – Packed with DIY projects like a personalized race track chore tracker, a high-flying homemade 3D kite and handmade musical instruments, the activities in this book will encourage your child to explore the world beyond the screen.
So, which of these craft books are you going to ask for this year? I hope I have also inspired you to try a few of these!
So, do you want more gift ideas and not just craft books? Try the links below!
- Gifts Under $10
- Photo Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Gift Guide for the Crafter
- Etsy Handmade Gift Guide
Subscribe to get our latest content by email every week!