Don’t show up empty-handed! Make this super cute berry basket as the first day of school teacher gift! It’s a thoughtful and practical present that any teacher would appreciate.
Send your kids back to school with the PERFECT gift for their brand new teacher. It can be made in minutes and will really kick the school year off with a bang!
Let them know they are the best berry right from the start with a punny gift in an adorable basket. This first day of school teacher gift idea is easy to put together and sure to be a big hit!
Note: This one was first posted on the Darice blog where I am a paid contributor but I wanted to post it here in case you missed it.
How To Make This First Day Of School Teacher Gift
Making this DIY gift is easy and only requires a few supplies. Pick up a small wooden basket, some candy, and a cute printable sign from the links below!
Here is everything you need to put together this handmade gift…
- Berry Baskets (in the color of your choice)
- White Card Stock
- Printable Berry Tag (click here to print)
- Printer and Ink
- Hole Punch
- Strawberry Candies
- Clear Plastic Treat Bags
Here’s how to make this gift basket!
Cut them out with scissors and punch a hole in the top with a hole punch.
Then, find a clear plastic treat bag that will fit inside your berry basket. Add it to the basket and fold the top down over the berry basket itself.
Fill the entire thing with strawberry candies until they are rounded over the top.
Gather the treat bag up and tie it with a ribbon. Tie on the tag as a final step!
Keep repeating the steps above until you have a first day of school teacher gift for every teacher your child has this year. These quick and easy gifts are sure to be a hit!
Here are a couple of questions that I see readers ask about making this teacher gift for the first day of school If you have a question, please check to see if I’ve already answered it below. Don’t see it? Leave it for me in the comments!
What can I use instead of candy?
To switch things up, try subbing in some fun school supplies like pens, pencils, and paper. You can also add in:
- A gift card to a nearby coffee shop
- Tickets to a fun show or local sports game
What kind of paper do I use to print out the gift tags?
When going to print out the gift tags, I recommend using weighted cardstock paper if you can.
Show them that you care from the very first day with a gift from the heart, letting them know that they are the best berry!
Love this first day of school teacher gift and want more ideas? Try the links below!
- Pineapple Coconut Scrub: Back to School Teacher Gifts
- Free 15 Teacher SVGs
- Teacher Thank You Gift
- Chill Pill Jar For Teachers
- Teacher Gift Ideas
- Handmade Teacher Gift Ideas
- Start by printing the tags (that can be found here) onto white card stock with any printer.
- Cut them out with scissors and punch a hole in the top with a hole punch.
- Then, find a clear plastic treat bag that will fit inside your berry basket. Add it to the basket and fold the top down over the berry basket itself.
- Fill the entire thing with strawberry candies until they are rounded over the top.
- Gather the treat bag up and tie it with a ribbon. Tie on the tag as a final step!