You can make these Disney-inspired ornaments for your tree this holiday season with small terra cotta pots. If your kids love Mickey and Minnie Mouse, they will love making ornaments like their favorite characters. Add a few of these to your tree this Christmas!
If your kids are into Disney like mine were (are) then you will definitely want to check out my other Disney-inspired crafts.
How to make Disney-inspired Christmas Ornaments
Supplies needed to make your own Disney inspired ornaments:
Links below may be affiliate links which means you do not pay anymore.
- Terra cotta pots
- Paint in red, black and white (I recommend Patio Paint for terra cotta)
- Paint brush
- Round sponge brush
- Red twine
- Red and white polka dot ribbon (NOTE: I bought this ribbon after the picture below was taken)
- Black felt
- Circle cutter
- Hot glue and glue gun
Start by painting your terra cotta pots. Paint the bottom portion red.
Allow the red to dry then paint the top portion black. Allow each portion to dry completely before continuing. NOTE: Patio Paint usually covers in one coat but multiple coats may be needed if using another paint.
While the dots dry, you can make your ears. Cut round circles from the black felt.
Use hot-glue to secure to the top of the pot as shown below.
Once dry, add red twine to hang your ornament through the hole in the bottom of the terra cotta pot. Knot the end as shown.
Minnie gets a pretty bow on top that is secured with hot glue.
These Disney inspired ornaments are ready to hang on your Christmas tree.
Your kids will love Mickey and Minnie hanging from the tree. Let them help with the painting of these easy-to-make holiday ornaments.
Make these Disney-inspired ornaments for your tree or to give as gifts. You will love how easy Mickey and Minnie are to make for your Christmas tree!
Love this and want more? Get 16 more Disney Christmas ideas here.
- Start by painting your terra cotta pots. Paint the lip of the pot portion red.
- Allow the red to dry then paint the rest of the pot black. Allow each portion to dry completely before continuing. Repeat on both pots.
- While the dots dry, make the ears. Cut round circles from the black felt.
- When the paint has dried, secure the ears to the pot with hot glue.
- Then, thread red twine through the hole in the bottom of the terra cotta pot to create a hanging loop. Knot the end.
- Secure Minnie's bow on top with hot glue.
- When the paint and glue is completely dry, your ornaments are ready to hang.