This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
I have seen the placemat pillow all over blog land. It is such an easy project that I was itching to tackle my own version. Turning a placemat into a pillow is just about the easiest DIY project ever. Don’t believe me? See four ways you can turn a placemat into a pillow below. Then try one of these for yourself.
Read on for the how to instructions on making this monogram version. Then click over for the instructions for the other three versions.
- Start with a plain white linen placemat (mine was $1 at my local Big Lots). Any plain placemat that is a solid color will work for this project.
- Remove a portion of the seam from one side with a seam ripper.
- Use the opening to hand embroider a monogram on the front of the placemat. My “H” was done with brown embroidery floss.
- Use the opening you have created to stuff the pillow using stuffing from the craft store.
- Close the opening with a needle and thread or a sewing machine.
You have just created a placemat pillow! I just love this version on the chair in my bedroom! This is actually such a quick and easy DIY project that I made several versions. You can see the other ideas by clicking the links below. Y’all enjoy!
Awesome right? Start shopping for placemats and make a placemat pillow today. You can make many of these versions in 5 minutes or less. That is the perfect quick and easy DIY project. I think the monogram version would make a great gift idea as well. Cheap, cute, and easy….that is my kind of gift! Will you be turning a placemat into a pillow? Trust me…you will never look at the placemats in the store the same again!