Looking for a new breakfast recipe? Look no further that this blackberry cream cheese danish. It is easy to make and delicious. Don’t love blackberries? Substitute your favorite berries in the recipe for a new twist your family will love. Buy the ingredients for this fabulous recipe this week!
Blackberry Cream Cheese Danish Recipe
- 1 (8 oz) tube crescent rolls
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 6 tbsp sugar (divided)
- 1 pint fresh blackberries (or berry of your choice)
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out your crescent rolls onto the parchment in one sheet. Close any perforations by pinching. Roll out with a rolling pin slightly.
- In a bowl, cream together cream cheese and 2 tbsp of the sugar. Spread the mixture down the center of the dough leaving 3 inches or so on either side. Use a knife to cut 1 inch strips down both sides.
- Rinse and drain your berries. Mix with 2 tbsp sugar and corn starch. Stir until berries are coated. Pour berries over cream cheese mixture in center of dough.
- Start braiding your strips around the mixture in the center. Sprinkle the top of the dough with 2 tbsp sugar. Bake at 375 for 14-16 minutes.
- While baking, mix together the powdered sugar with milk to create a glaze. Start with 1 tsp of milk and add as needed until you have a consistency that will drizzle.
- Once danish is done, remove from oven and drizzle with glaze.
- Cool 10 – 15 minutes before slicing to serve.
Your entire family will love this blackberry cream cheese danish. Make this as an extra special breakfast or just a snack that can be enjoyed anytime of the day.
I personally love blackberries so that is what I am using in this recipe. Feel free to pick and choose berries to what your family loves. I don’t think you can go wrong with this cream cheese danish recipe!
Love this cream cheese danish and want more breakfast recipes? Check out the links below for more ideas!
- Farmer’s Breakfast Skillet
- Sausage Breakfast Bombs
- Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- Orange Breakfast Rolls
- Slow Cooker Coffee Cake
Subscribe to get our latest content by email every week!