Hey everybody, I would like to continue talking about the birthday party I threw this weekend and the cowboy birthday cake that I served. Actually, I served up a cake and some cupcakes and you are going to love them both.
Because I wanted to give my little one something to share with his friends, I had to make cupcakes to send to school. and then I made a cake for his actual birthday party. Why not, right? Cake times two is always better than cake times one.
You can also see the full cowboy-themed party details if you are looking to throw your own bash.
Cowboy Birthday Cake
First up is the cowboy birthday cake, and it is so simple y’all. It may look complicated, but it is not!
- Cake (baked with whatever recipe you would like or order one from a bakery)
- Chocolate mold (I got one for just a few dollars off of eBay but you can find one here)
- Tube of wild west figurines
How to Make a Cowboy Birthday Cake:
- Bake any flavor of cake that you would like. A round cake that has at least two tiers works best for this idea.
- Mold chocolate horseshoes with the mold linked above. You should get instructions on how to do this with the mold itself.
- Add the molded horseshoes around the outside of the cake after you frost it with green icing.
- Then add the wild west figurines on top of the cake in a small scene.
Don’t you just love it when something so simple can look so complicated? *Sigh*
Up next is my cowboy cupcakes that went to school with my son. They are just as easy to make as the cowboy cake above.
- Cupcakes (bake yourself or buy at a bakery)
- Hat and boot mold for chocolate (again I found mine on ebay but you can get one here for the hats and here for the boots)
- Free printable cupcake toppers and wrappers that you can get here
How to Make Cupcakes for a Cowboy Party
- Bake cupcakes or purchase from a bakery. I added chocolate icing but any color or flavor would work.
- Mold chocolate with the hat and boot mold. You can use white or regular chocolate for this step.
- Add the chocolate pieces to the top of the cupcake then add on the cupcake toppers.
- I printed the toppers and wrappers onto white cardstock. Then cut out with scissors. Add toothpicks to the toppers using glue and put in the top of each cupcake.
- Fold the wrappers and use a little tape to secure then drop in your cupcakes.
Are you crushing on those cupcake wrappers and toppers? I know I am! They are just perfect for any cowboy birthday party. Print as many as you need and make cupcakes that will work for a party that any cowboy will love.
Tomorrow I have even more cowboy party fun in store. I will reveal the entire party and tell you how to throw your own cowboy themed birthday party– stay tuned!