Want to add something special to those Mother’s Day flowers? Try this DIY mom word art flower pick from Jen Goode!
Personalize a pretty flower bouquet with a Mom word art flower pick you make yourself with your Cricut. Choose Mom’s favorite flowers and customize the look with an easy to create Cricut project in just a few minutes. You can also create a banner, cupcake pick or other Mother’s Day accents with this delicate Mom word art cut design.
DIY Mom Word Art Flower Pick
I love to add accents of glitter to create a little hint of fancy to gifts I’m giving. So, adding a DIY flower pick makes including extra sparkle super simple. The Cricut Maker cuts glitter cardstock really well, so it’s the perfect tool for the job! I’ve already set up a Cricut Design Space canvas that you can use. You’ll be cutting and creating in no time!
Some links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay anymore, however, a small commission will go to this site.
- Cricut Maker and Cricut Design Space account (you can see more about the Maker here)
- Mom word art cut design by Jen Goode
- Gold glitter cardstock
- Pink cardstock
- Wood/bamboo kabab skewer
- A toothpick
- Head to the Cricut Design Space canvas I have set up for this Mom word art cut design. Follow on-screen instructions to cut the two layers of cardstock.
- Using the toothpick, apply small dots of glue to the back of the gold glitter cut out. Place on top of the pink cardstock.
- Use glue to adhere the entire word art cutout at the flat/top end of the skewer.
- Allow to dry.
Note: I used liquid glue for the cardstock layers and hot glue to apply the word to the skewer. You can use whatever glue you are most comfortable with. However, with the delicate lines in the gold card stock cut out, the liquid glue seems to be easiest to apply.
Place flowers in a mason jar and add in the mom word art pick. If you’d like even more sparkle, add a gold glitter ribbon and bow around the top of the mason jar before filling it. Or you could even dip-paint the jar with gold paint or gold glitter paint. This project coordinates with a Mother’s Day Brunch table set I’ve designed too, stop by and check it out!
I hope you enjoy making this easy DIY gift idea. I’m sure Mom will love receiving it!
Want more Cricut ideas for Mother’s Day? Try the links below!
- Make a Cricut T-Shirt for Mom
- Zipper Pouch Tutorial with the Cricut Maker
- DIY Grandma Gift for Spring with Your Cricut
- Mason Jar Tissue Holder with Your Cricut
- 40 Mother’s Day Crafts Made with a Cricut Machine
New to Cricut?
Sign up for our email list here to download the Beginner's Guide to Cricut Design Space for FREE today!
Sign up to get the guide emailed to you!