This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
A mason jar tissue holder is perfect for your home’s decor but it also makes a great gift for something like Mother’s Day. That is why I am using this one to kick off Cricut Mother’s Day week! All this week we are making projects like this mason jar tissue holder DIY that would be perfect for mom.
Supplies needed to make a tissue holder mason jar:
Some links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay anymore, however, a small commission will go to this site.
- Wide mouth mason jar with smooth sides
- Craft paint in the color of your choice
- Kleenex Upright tissues
- Vinyl in the color of your choice
- Transfer tape
- Cricut cutting machine (you can see which one is my favorite here)
- Bless you art for cutting (see how to download below)
- Thick card stock
- Craft knife
- Self-healing mat
Mason Jar Tissue Holder DIY Video
You can watch me make this mason jar tissue holder in the video below. The steps are simple but I thought it may be easier to see then read some of the information.
Bless You Decal for Mason Jar
I have a free file for you to make the bless you decal for the front with your Cricut machine. You can download the bless you SVG by subscribing to our newsletter in the box below. Once you subscribe, the files will be sent to your email. Please remember that this file is for personal use only. For commercial use or if you have issues with the download, please email thecoun[email protected] and I will try to help you.
How to Make a Tissue Holder from a Mason Jar
The instructions below will help you to make your tissue holder mason jar.
Painting the Jar
- Start with a clean and dry jar. You can wipe it down with rubbing alcohol then allow to dry to get it really clean.
- Use a good quality paint and add a couple of coats with a paint brush. Be sure to allow to dry in between coats and follow all package directions. You can also use spray paint for this step.
- I find that painting with my hand inside of the jar allows me to get all of the surfaces easily then I always allow to dry upside down.
Adding Bless You to the Front
- While your paint dries, you can cut the file with your Cricut machine. You can find the download instructions for the file above. Then just upload the file to Cricut Design Space. You can click here to see how to do that easily.
- Then cut your file from the vinyl color of your choice.
- Weed away all excess from around your words as well as the centers of letters. You can see my tips for weeding here.
- Apply transfer tape to your vinyl and press down well.
- Lift the backing from your vinyl leaving it stuck to your transfer tape.
- Once the jar is dry, you can apply this to the front and lift up the transfer tape to leave your vinyl on the jar. Press down well.
Making a Mason Jar Tissue Holder Lid
- Use the lid you removed from the jar to cut a circle from heavyweight cardstock with scissors.
- Then use a craft knife and self-healing mat to cut an “X” in the center of your circle. You want to make sure you do not go all the way to the edges with your “X” as you still want this to be one piece.
- Add this cardstock circle to the band for your lid and you have a mason jar tissue holder lid for your project.
Adding in the Tissues
Just a few words about the tissues we are using here. I am using the “perfect fit” tissues from Kleenex as they work in the jar perfectly. You can also get the square boxes of tissues but you may have trouble getting them in the jar. Remember that you want these to remove from your top just like a box of tissues. With the upright version, I just removed the tissues from their packaging and dropped them right into my mason jar tissue holder. Then add the lid and pull one through the top to complete your craft project.
As you can see, a tissue holder mason jar is so easy to make! Plus it will look so much better around your home than the standard box of tissues.
Get your supplies and make one for yourself or one to give as a gift. This one is perfect for Mother’s Day which is coming up before you know it!
Paint to match the colors in your home and add whatever vinyl you want to the front. You can even design your own art and have this mason jar tissue holder DIY say whatever you want!
Now I promised you some more Cricut Mother’s Day fun!
More Cricut Mother’s Day Ideas
You can also see more ideas below. Just click on the picture for each one that you want to see and the instructions will open in another tab on your computer. Y’all enjoy!
Grab your supplies to make this mason jar tissue holder or any one of these other fun Mother’s Day craft ideas using your Cricut machine.
New to Cricut?
Sign up for our email list here to download the Beginner's Guide to Cricut Design Space for FREE today!
Sign up to get the guide emailed to you!