This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
I thought today I would share how to make a Cricut t-shirt. I have a great free SVG file that is perfect for making a great gift for mom. Using your Cricut machine for t-shirts is easy and allows you to make things for yourself as well as to give to others. So, let’s dive in and learn how to make t-shirts with Cricut for mom and yourself! This is a part of the Cricut Mother’s Day event so y’all be sure to scroll down to the bottom of this post and enter to win TWO Cricut machines as well as see the other Mother’s Day ideas shared this week.
Can you use a Cricut to make shirts?
This is one of the top questions I get asked! And the answer is a resounding yes! In fact, making shirts with your Cricut is one of the easiest projects you can tackle. There are a few tips and tricks that will help to make your first project a success. We are covering everything you need to know about making a Cricut t-shirt below. Use our tips to start making shirts today!
Supplies needed to make a Cricut T-Shirt:
Some links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay anymore, however, a small commission will go to this site.
- Heat Transfer Vinyl or Iron-On material
- Cricut machine (you can see which one is my favorite here)
- Weeding tools (optional)
- Heat press or iron (I use the Cricut EasyPress and you can see more about it here)
- Shirt design (in this case we are using a free SVG but we have more ideas for designs below)
Free SVG for Your Shirt
If you want to use the house full, hands full, heart full design for your Cricut t-shirt, you can download that below. Please note that this file is for personal use only. If you have trouble with access, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will try to troubleshoot for you!
Please note that you will need to download this on a computer as mobile generally does not work for these types of files.
How to make T-Shirts with Cricut
Follow the instructions below to use your Cricut machine for t-shirts:
- Download the SVG file above. Then follow these instructions to upload that to Cricut Design Space.
- Click “make it” to send to your Cricut machine.
- Turn the mirror “on” for your mat.
- Then click “continue”.
- Pick the type of iron-on or heat transfer vinyl you are using from the list.
- Add the material face down on your mat. This is usually shiny or “good” side down.
- Feed the mat into your machine and press the “C” to cut your design.
- You will then need to weed away all excess from your Cricut t-shirt design. This means getting rid of everything around the outside as well as the centers of letters. You can get my top tips for weeding here.
- Put your design onto your shirt using an EasyPress or an iron. You can see how to apply your iron-on here.
- Once your design is pressed, you can remove the carrier sheet then your Cricut t-shirt is complete and ready to wear!
More Cricut T-Shirt Ideas
So, what else can you add to a Cricut t-shirt? There are so many options! I thought I would share a few of those with you.
- Big Brother Little Brother Shirts
- Funny Maternity Shirts
- Gender Reveal Shirt Ideas
- Superhero Shirt Designs
- Camp Shirts
So, can you use a Cricut to make shirts? Yes, yes you can! And I hope you see just how easy it is! Using your Cricut machine for t-shirts is one of the easiest crafts you can make. Download our free SVG and make this Cricut t-shirt or any of our other ideas above.
Want to win a Cricut machine? Enter in the widget below!
Yep, that is TWO machines! One for you and one for mom along with a gift card for both of you to start your Cricut addiction. It doesn’t get much better than that!
You might want to try the other Cricut projects below!
Now that you have learned how to make t-shirts with Cricut, perhaps you need some more ideas for mom for Mother’s Day! Try the links below!
Make a Cricut t-shirt for yourself and you are sure to be hooked and start making them for everyone in your life! And yes that includes gifts for Mother’s Day!