This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
Give these plaid free printable Christmas ornaments a try for your tree. They are easy to assemble with either regular labels or use your Cricut and the print then cut function. Either way, you will love adding these simple ornaments to your farmhouse Christmas tree this year. I also know you will love the fact that they are so inexpensive to make.
Free Printable Christmas Ornaments
You can use your Cricut Explore or Maker to make these DIY ornaments or I have an alternate method as well. So really, there is no reason NOT to make yourself some ornaments this holiday season.
- Free printable for ornaments (you can see how to download this below)
- Printable vinyl (for the Cricut) (see more about using printable vinyl here)
- Circle labels (look for ones the size of your wood pieces but I like these 2 1/2 inch size )
- Wood rounds (any size that works with your labels)
- Cricut machine (Explore or Maker)
Free Printable Ornament File
To get our free file, you will need to sign up for the newsletter in the form below. Look for a box with a picture of the printable that you would like and add in your information. Then the file will be sent directly to your email where you can download and use. If you already get our newsletter, just sign up again as you will not be subscribed to anything further.
Please note that this file is for personal use only. You can contact me if you have any issues with your download.
How to Make Printable Ornaments
Now that you have your file, how do you make these ornaments? You can actually watch the video below and see details on how to use your Cricut or just print on label stock. As a bonus, I have an extra idea on using these same printables to make a garland as well.
Can’t watch the video or missed some of the steps? I also have everything you need to know in the card below. You can follow along there or even print if you need to for reference later.
Free Plaid Printable Ornaments
- Start by painting your wood rounds and setting them aside to dry. Then either print the PDF file onto pre-cut labels or upload the PNG file to your Cricut. With your Cricut, you can use print then cut to made round stickers from printable vinyl. I have detailed instructions on uploading the file and altering it to work in the video above.
- Punch a hole in each ornament with a Crop-a-dile then add twine to hang on your tree. You can use this same idea for just about any image and change up the twine for ribbon for a more elegant look.
- Want a matching garland? Add the labels face down and put the twine across them.
- Then add a second label over the top. Repeat every few inches until you have a length of garland you like for your mantel or tree.
As you can see, these free printable Christmas ornaments are super versatile. So, whip up a batch with some labels or use your Cricut machine and print then cut. You will love how they turn out! Confused about print then cut? Try our video here!
I couldn’t stop with ornaments, however. So I used the same round pieces to make a printable garland as well. Holiday decor that is easy to make and inexpensive? Yes, please!
Now I absolutely love this rustic, farmhouse look as it matches the rest of my holiday decor. If you don’t, just use this same technique to make ornaments or garland in your style. In fact, you can use these round tags or these watercolor tags with the same technique.
After all, making a project all your own is what crafting is all about. So, what are you crafting this holiday season? I love adding homemade decorations to my tree each and every year.
This year these free printable Christmas ornaments will be front and center. I hope you enjoy this project as much as I do. Enjoy and happy creating!