Are you ready to learn how to make burlap flowers? This quick and easy project is perfect for hanging on your walls or even adding to a door as a wreath. I used brown burlap for the petals and a colorful teal for the center. You can change up those colors to be anything that you like however. Make a sunflower or even a daisy!
Supplies needed when learning how to make burlap flowers:
Please note that some links below may be affiliate links which means you do not pay anymore but a portion of your purchase will go to support this site.
- Embroidery hoop (I used an 8 inch hoop)
- Colored burlap for center (about a 10 inch square)
- Burlap for petals (I used 23 squares that were 10 inches)
- Hot glue and glue gun
You can see how to make burlap flowers in the quick video below. You won’t believe just how easy this is!
Awesome right? Can’t watch the video or miss some of the steps? Follow along below!
- Add a square of burlap to the embroidery hoop and trim and excess from the back.
- Fold square of burlap from corner to corner.
- Roll from corner to long edge.
- Fold your roll to create the petal.
- Add some hot glue in the center of your fold to keep petal folded.
- Add hot glue to secure it around outer edge of embroidery hoop.
- Repeat all the way around.
- Add rope around embroidery hoop at the very end with hot glue.
- Add a small piece of rope to the back with hot glue for hanging as well.
- Hang burlap flowers anywhere you like in your home!
I love this simple flower and using it as a wreath on my front door. Where will you add a burlap flower to your home? Now that you know how to make burlap flowers you can put them anywhere you choose! Good luck and happy crafting!
Love this and looking for more great burlap projects? Follow the links below!