You too can make this cross decor with burlap. If you are like me, you have seen this idea on Pinterest and possibly Facebook. But how do you make one? I have a full video tutorial for you below. The best part? It is super simple to make. Are you ready to get started on your own version?
Supplies needed to make your own cross decor with burlap:
Some links below may be affiliate links which means you do not pay anymore but a portion of your purchase will go to support this site.
- Empty frame (paint in the color of your choice)
- Burlap ribbon (I used a 4 inch wide ribbon)
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Vintage buttons (or something else for the center)
Start with the video below to watch me make this burlap cross.
Can’t watch the video or missed some of the steps? Follow these directions!
- Cut lengths of burlap that will run all the way around the frame in both directions.
- Use hot glue to secure the two ends of both pieces to the back of the frame in a cross shape.
- Wind your twine where the two meet in the front and pull to gather ribbon.
- Repeat until the cross is the way you want it to look.
- Tie off twine in the back.
- Add vintage buttons or even an old brooch to the front of your cross decor to complete the look. I used vintage buttons secured with more hot glue.
Add this cross decor to any room in your home. You will love the way this one looks in your home. I love that it is so easy to make! What colors will you use on your version? What will you add to the center? The possibilities are endless!
Love this and want more burlap crafts? Try the links below!
- Beach Themed Burlap Wreath
- Handmade Wall Hanging with Burlap
- Burlap Garden Flag
- Flower Wreath from Burlap
- DIY Burlap Wreath