No need to shop for cute homemade earrings on Etsy when you can make your own! I have had quite a few people ask me how to make earrings with a Cricut machine. It is actually easier than you probably think and you can make them with all three Cricut machines. Yep, you can make earrings with the Cricut Maker, Cricut Explore Air, or the Cricut Joy. So, follow along below as I show you how and get free SVG files for a bunch of earrings that you can start making today below.
How to Make Earrings with a Cricut Machine:
You will first need to gather your supplies. I like faux leather earrings rather than making leather earrings as cutting the faux leather is easier and much lighter in weight. The weight can really make a difference when talking about earrings. So, my tutorial will cover the process of using cut faux leather.
Supplies needed to make Cricut earrings:
- Faux leather
- Cricut machine (any of them will work the faux leather)
- Jewelry findings (you’ll need earring hooks and jump rings)Jewelry pliers (two pairs are great when working with jump rings)
- Sharp object to punch holes (I use a Cricut weeding tool)
- Cut files (you can get my free earring template SVG along with several others below)
Making earrings with a Cricut:
Want to see how to make earrings with a Cricut machine? You can just watch the video below to see the entire process.
Can’t watch the video or missed some of the steps? Then just see our step by step tutorial below. Making earrings with a Cricut has never been easier. And once you get started, I guarantee you will not want to stop.
- Start by downloading a free SVG file below and uploading it to your Cricut machine. You can see how to do that here if you are having issues. Then resize the file as needed before cutting. To cut the faux leather, place the material face down on the mat.
- Then mirror your cuts in Cricut Design Space and pick faux leather as your material. Cut the leather with your machine. If you are using the Cricut Joy, I have a few tips and tricks in this post for you.
- Once the cut is complete, remove the mat from the machine and peel back the excess material to reveal your cut earrings.
- Then remove the earrings themselves from the mat. Remember that pieces cut from the insides of the earrings might make cute earrings themselves so do not discard anything until you are use you have used all of the pieces you want to use.
- These are all of the earrings as well as the inside pieces that come with my free SVG file that contains five different earring designs. I have some other links to some free SVGs from my blogger friends below as well so you can pick and choose those that you want to make.
- To assemble the earrings, use your weeding tool to punch small hole in the top of each one.
- Then use your jewelry pliers to open up the loop in the hook or to open up a jump ring depending on how you are making your earring.
- In this case, I just added the hook to the earring through the hole and closed up the loop in the hook with the jewelry pliers.
- I also made another pair where I placed the piece cut out of the middle below the main piece with a jump ring. You can really let your creativity flow with this SVG file and make some gorgeous earrings that are all for you.
You can also get creative with your project and add heat transfer vinyl, paint, and more. Get imaginative and create the earrings of your dreams right at home with your Cricut. If you really want to experiment with real leather when making your earrings, you can see our post about how to cut leather here.
Free Earring Cut SVG File
Now that you know how to make earrings with a Cricut machine, all you need is the Cricut cut file. I am sharing a file with five designs below but you can also keep scrolling for even more designs.
You can download the file for the five designs shown in this post by signing up for my newsletter below. You will get an email shortly after signing up where you can download a zip file. To make the earrings, you will need to unzip the file then upload the SVG to Cricut Design Space.
Please note that if you already subscribe to my newsletter, you will need to put in your information again. You will not be signed up for anything additional but that is the easiest way for me to deliver the file to you. Also, note that this file is for personal use only. You can contact me if you have issues downloading or would like to see about using commercially.
Then you can get creative with the file and start making cute Cricut earrings of your very own.
Want even more earring SVG files? We have you covered!
I am also joining in with some other bloggers to bring you a free earring SVG hop. So, grab a few of the files below and make all of the earrings!
- Pineapple Earrings from Pineapple Paper Company
- Split Circles from That’s What Che Said
- Heart Eye Emoji Earrings from Hello Creative Family
- Glitter and Suede Earrings from Hey Let’s Make Stuff
- Watermelon Earrings from Happiness is Homemade
- Flower and Vine Layered Earrings from 100 Directions
- Teardrop Earrings from Happy Go Lucky Blog
- Teacher Apple Earrings from Artsy Fartsy Mama
- Arch Earrings from Crafting in the Rain
- Feather Earrings from Mad in Crafts
- Linked Hearts from 30 Minute Crafts
So, use some of these files and your knowledge of how to make earrings with a Cricut to make something amazing. Make a bunch of earrings for yourself and to give as gifts. After all, these are so easy to make that you will want to make a pair for all of your friends.
New to Cricut?
Sign up for our email list here to download the Beginner's Guide to Cricut Design Space for FREE today!
Sign up to get the guide emailed to you!