You can make mushroom decor for your garden in just minutes. Today’s 15 minute craft using clay pots turned out so cute! You will love this clay pot mushroom and want to add a few to your garden this summer. Get the super simple instructions below. If you have missed any of our quick clay pot crafts this week, be sure to catch up with day 1 and day 2. You will also want to scroll to the bottom of this post to see what today’s bloggers have in store for you!
Supplies needed to make this mushroom decor:
Some links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay anymore, however, a portion of your purchase will go to support this site.
- Clay pot
- Clay pot saucer
- Outdoor paint (my favorite is Americana Decor Outdoor Living)
- Paint brush
- Round sponge brush
- Adhesive that is okay for outdoor use (my favorite is DAP Rapid Fuse)
How to make this mushroom decor:
- Start by painting the clay pot in white then paint the saucer in the color of your choice. I used red. This will take approximately two coats of paint. Allow to dry in between coats. You also will want to paint the bottom and top of the saucer as the bottom will be visible.
- Once dry, you can add dots to the saucer. Use the round sponge brush to apply the paint in a circle. Repeat randomly for as many circles as you would like. You will have to use multiple coats of paint on these as well.
- Then allow your paint to dry completely.
- Add adhesive in between the pot and saucer, stack with books or heavy objects, and then allow to set up.
- Once cured, your mushroom decor is ready for your garden!
This cute little mushroom is perfect for anywhere you need a little color in your yard. You can definitely change things up and not use red paint! Imagine these in every color of the rainbow! Oh so cute and oh so easy.
So do you love this and want more clay pot ideas? Try the links from the other bloggers below!
Start by giving your little ones something special in these bunny treat containers from 5 Little Monsters.
Decoupage is like magic! Use it to make these fabric covered pots from Organize and Decorate Everything.
You can also use the decoupage with napkins and make these floral pots from Ann Makes.
Need another Easter idea? Try this cute clay pot bunny from Try It Like It.
Did you know that the dollar store now has fairy garden supplies? Me either? See how to create this dollar store fairy garden over on Mad In Crafts.
So do you love air plants? This pineapple air plant holder from Carla Schauer may be the cutest thing I have seen all day!
Well….maybe it ties for the cutest thing! These unicorn clay pots from 365 Day of Crafts are pretty cute as well!
My co-hostess for this series is 30 Minute Crafts and she is sharing how to turn those saucers into coasters in minutes!
So will you be making this mushroom decor or any of these other clay pot crafts? Pick up your pots today and then get started!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email every week!