Patriotic table accents are perfect for any summer party! Jen Goode is back this month with a quick and easy way to add that patriotic flair to your summer get-togethers!
Add a little extra American spirit to your table with easy patriotic accents. You can use your Cricut to quickly create and cut these fun stars. Dress up your place settings and picnic tables. I’ll show you how to easily make these party accents.
I’ve created a digital canvas ready for you to get started in Cricut Design Space. The machine will draw the detail lines and cut the stars for you. If you don’t have a Cricut, you can hand-cut your own stars or use my doodle star printable.
Easy Patriotic Table Accents
You can swap out the colors however you’d like. I had basic white napkins on hand, so I went with blue cardstock. However, red and or white cardstock would look great too, depending on the color of the rest of your table decor.
Some links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay anymore, however, a small commission will go to this site.
- Cricut Machine and Design Space account (click here to see which machine is for you!)
- Star design and doodle by Jen Goode
- Blue cardstock
- Cricut brand silver gel glitter pen
- Red curling ribbon
- Extra table/place setting materials: flatware, paper napkins, toothpicks and straws
No Cricut? No problem, grab a free Patriotic star printable instead.
- Head to the pre-set canvas in Cricut Design Space. Follow the on-screen instructions to draw and cut each star.
- If you don’t have a Cricut, cut out your own stars and draw line art for a fun detail.
- Wrap flatware with a napkin, tie with curling ribbon.
- Then thread the ribbon through the hole of a star, tie a bow to hold the star in place.
- Glue a star to each paper straw.
- Glue stars to toothpicks for cupcake picks or other food picks.
- Use smaller stars to sprinkle around the table like confetti.
Make more stars for all of your party place setting pieces. You can use the star cutouts from the original star decorations or make a whole bunch of small stars. Use cardstock, glitter paper, felt, or even fabric. This is also a great project to use up some of your scrap materials. Mix and match materials or make everything coordinate.
You can use the star cutouts for all kinds of table accents. Stitch stars together to make a garland. Add stars to place cards and food labels. Use vinyl to cut out stars to add to cups or decorate a pitcher for your favorite drinks.
I’ve got another fun patriotic pinwheel project you can combine with this set to even more American pride. There are so many easy projects you can create to dress up your patriotic celebrations!
Love these patriotic party ideas and want more? Try the links below!
- 35 Memorial Day Crafts to Kick off Summer
- Large Wooden Star: A Patriotic DIY
- Rustic Wood Flag You Can Make From Scraps
- BBQ Party Ideas: Buffet Condiment Holder
- Uncle Sam Decorations from Scrap Wood
New to Cricut?
Sign up for our email list here to download the Beginner's Guide to Cricut Design Space for FREE today!
Sign up to get the guide emailed to you!