I have the best peanut butter gingerbread cookie recipe ever for y’all today. Okay, the best for my family. You see we like a mild gingerbread and I just have not been able to find one after many years of trials. So I made my own. My peanut butter gingerbread cookie recipe is sure to please your family this holiday season. Looking for a more traditional recipe? You can also give our easy gingerbread recipe at try!
This one was first published December 12, 2013, but I am republishing with new information.
Peanut Butter Gingerbread Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ginger
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- mini chocolate chips for decoration
- Combine butter, peanut butter, and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add two eggs, molasses, and vanilla until thoroughly combined. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add flour to sugar mixture and stir until dough forms. Cover and chill dough for 2 - 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove dough from refrigerator and roll out to desired thickness. Use a flour covered surface and rolling pin. A thicker cookie will be more chewy while a thinner one will be more crisp. Cut out desired shape and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes. Place mini chocolate chips on your men if desired immediately upon removal from oven. Allow cookies to cool and enjoy!
Don’t be afraid to make a mess in the kitchen when rolling out these little men either. I think the fun of holiday baking is making a mess with the kids. These cookies will surely satisfy that requirement. Get the kids in there rolling and cutting with you. No, they won’t be perfect but it will certainly make them taste even better.
You might even have to eat the head off of one of these guys right out of the oven. They sound so good, right? Be sure to add this one to your holiday baking list this year.
The kids will love diving into a plate of these gingerbread cookies and even helping to make them! So what is your favorite part of holiday baking? Will you be trying this peanut butter gingerbread cookie recipe this year?
Want more ideas for your holiday baking? Try the links below as well!
- Ritz Cracker Cookies: No-Bake QUICK and EASY
- Gluten-Free Snickerdoodles Recipe
- Snickers Cookies: A Gift in a Jar Idea
- Santa’s Belly Cookies (no baking required!)
- Rolo Stuffed Cookies
- Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Looking for easy recipe ideas?
Struggling with supper and what to make? Do you wish you had a way to make meals faster? The dump recipes system allows you to make 10 meals in just one hour or less, rescuing your dinnertime and saving you time and money.
Want to try it for yourself? I have the perfect cookbook for you. Chicken Dump Recipes includes 5 plans, each with printable shopping lists and printable labels. Most of the 25 recipes included can go from the freezer to the crockpot, saving you even more time. All the recipes include gluten-free instructions as well.
What are you waiting for? Give the dump recipes system a try in your home and make meal time a bit easier!