Pumpkin banana bread will be your new favorite fall recipe. This delectable bread is hands down the best banana bread I have ever had. It is the perfect mixture of fall spices and banana. I also hate how a lot of banana bread recipes are slightly soggy. This one is not! It is a perfect bread texture and a taste that the whole family will love.
Pumpkin Banana Bread Recipe
1 cup sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8-inch loaf pan with non-stick baking spray and set aside.
Beat the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat well after each addition. Add the vanilla, pumpkin and bananas. Stir until mixed well. In a small bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour through nutmeg). Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Mix until just combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes. Test with a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center. It should come out clean. Remove bread from oven and cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing. Cool completely on a wire rack. Store bread in an airtight container for up to one week.
Grab yourself a slice of this pumpkin banana bread recipe. You might want to save the entire loaf for yourself after tasting this amazing fall bread.
I will be making this one again and again. It is perfect for using up those overripe bananas as well as that small amount of pumpkin left in the can after making my pumpkin microwave cake. Give this pumpkin banana bread a try this season!
Need to print this recipe? Try the recipe card below!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat an 8-inch loaf pan with non-stick baking spray and set aside.
- Beat the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla, pumpkin and bananas and stir until mixed well.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove bread from oven and cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
Need more recipe ideas for pumpkin? Give these a try!
Great recipe! My husband loves all things pumpkin and his birthday is near Thanksgiving so I bake alot this time of year. He stood at the counter eating it piping hot with hands haha. He is very pleased, thank you! I love that the loaf was tall and grew over the pan. I had to leave it in a bit longer to come out perfect. I added finely chopped walnuts and used my homemade pumpkin puree for the first time. This is our go to banana bread recipe now.