I am kicking off gifts in a jar week with this snowman jar luminary. All week I will be posting gift ideas using jars that you can still make for the holiday or use later on in the year. This first one can be used to put a gift inside but it is also cute for the winter as a snowman candle holder. Plus it is easy to make and just look at his little face!
Supplies needed to make a snowman jar luminary:
Please note that some links below may be affiliate links which means you do not pay anymore.
- Wide Mouth Quart Mason Jar with Smooth Sides
- Frost Gloss Enamels in White
- Black Buttons
- Snowman Nose
- Plaid Ribbon
- Plaid Fabric
- Red Twine
- Paint Brush
- Sponge Pouncer Brush
- Hot Glue and Glue Gun
- Battery Operated Tea Light
I actually did a video on how to make this one. Just watch below and see just how to make this snowman jar luminary.
If you missed any of the video or can’t watch, the brief instructions for making your own are below.
- Start by painting your clean jar with the frost gloss enamels. Add one coat and allow to dry.
- For the second coat, use a sponge pouncer brush for the “snow” look to the jar. Allow to dry completely.
- Use hot glue and plaid fabric to make a snowman hat. Wrap the jar lid in the fabric then trim to size with scissors. Use hot glue to close up the seam. Add twine to the top of the hat to complete.
- Trim the knob off the end of the snowman nose with scissors.
- Add the buttons and snowman nose to the front of the jar with hot glue.
- Tie on a plaid ribbon scarf.
- Add in a battery operated tea light.
- Screw on the lid with the hat.
You can also fill the jar with a gift before screwing on the lid. This snowman jar luminary would make a great gift container as well.
Add these to your winter crafting list! You will love giving these as gifts or adding them to the decor around your home. Whether you keep them or give them away, be sure to make a snowman jar luminary!
This is gifts in a jar week! All week, a few other blogs are joining me in bringing you fun gift ideas that are perfect for the holidays or anytime of the year.
Visit the links below to see their ideas for gifts in a jar:
Love snowmen? Be sure to click here and see how to make these snowman popcorn boxes!
A Year of Jar Crafts
Sign up for our email list to get a FREE book with an entire year of jar crafts! 12 months, 12 crafts, tons of fun!