This thankful tree is easy to make and perfect for decorating your home this Thanksgiving. Show off what you are thankful for and count your blessings with this photo tree. If you love all things farmhouse style, you will adore how this fall tree looks in your home. You can even add this one to your Thanksgiving table and let everyone add a picture of the things they are thankful for this year.
Start with our free printables and add them to a rustic container for a gorgeous addition to your farmhouse style home. Don’t love the rustic look? Glam this up by using a more modern container and painting the branches to match the decor in your home.
- Container (this is close to what I have)
- Printable tag and leaves (download them here)
- Printed pictures
- Hole punch
How to Make a Thanksgiving Tree:
Now that you have your supplies as well as your free printables for this project, it is time to pull it all together into a gorgeous tree. You can actually watch me do this in the short video below.
Can’t watch the video or missed some of the steps? I also have the step-by-step instructions for you in the card below. You can follow along or even print them to use later.
- Print out the leaves and cut them with scissors. Alternately, you can use the print then cut function on your Cricut for this.
- You will also need to print out the tag and cut around it as well. Use a hole punch to add a hole.
- Fill your container with styrofoam.
- Add in branches from your yard. Make sure these are clean and dry.
- Cover the styrofoam with moss. You can use glue to secure this into place or just set it on top.
- Tie the tag onto your container with a ribbon.
- Use small clothespins to add as many leaves as you would like to your tree. You can actually have your family write what they are thankful for on the back of each leaf before adding it to the tree.
- Then print pictures of the people and things you are thankful for and start adding them to your tree with additional clothespins. Keep adding to the tree all season long!
This is a great activity for the kids. Have them think about the people and things they are thankful for then start gathering pictures. Print them and hang them on the tree to help celebrate Thanksgiving and all of your blessings.
This is a great teaching moment as well. Teach your kids about all of the blessings of life and to cherish each of those all year long. You can actually change this tree up for the holidays or even for the spring. Keep those blessings in your life all year long with a thankful tree that is always in your home.
Printing Pictures for This Project
I used my HP Sprocket to print these pictures but you don’t have to have one to make this! Print pictures with your regular printer and cut to size to hang on the tree. You could even get a bit fancier and use your Cricut to cut pictures into a tree shape. Then your tree would be full of leaves that represent all of your blessings in life.
However you decide to make it, consider adding a thankful tree to your fall decor. You will love seeing the blessings in your life front and center each day!