Who is ready to start making Thanksgiving wreaths? You can make this turkey wreath in a few minutes with minimal supplies. I have a thing for bandannas and using them to make a wreath is so simple! Tie them on for turkey feathers then add a few more pieces to finish off your wreath and hang on your door.
Supplies needed to make some Thanksgiving wreaths:
Links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay anymore however a portion of your purchase will go to support this site.
- Bandannas (in yellow, orange, red, dark red, and brown)
- Wire wreath form (mine is 18 inches)
- Brown felt (cut into circle)
- Yellow felt (cut into triangle)
- Red felt (cut into long teardrop shape)
- Google eyes
- Hot glue and glue gun
How to make a turkey wreath:
I thought it would be fun to make a quick video to show you just how to make this turkey wreath. You can watch it below.
Can’t watch the video or missed some of the steps? Here is how to make these Thanksgiving wreaths for yourself:
- Start by cutting the bandannas in half.
- Then tie onto your wreath form alternating colors.
- Leave a large space at the bottom for the brown.
- Roll your brown bandannas into long pieces.
- Then wrap around the wreath form securing ends with hot glue if needed.
- Use hot glue to make turkey head from felt pieces and google eyes.
- Then secure head to wreath using more hot glue.
- Your turkey wreath is ready to hang on your door.
So simple and so cute! If you are looking for Thanksgiving wreaths to make for your home, look no further!
Grab some bandannas and get started on this project today.
You are sure to love how this turkey wreath looks on your front door. How many of these Thanksgiving wreaths will you make for family and friends? They are sure to want one once they see yours! Be sure to share your pictures on our Facebook page if you make your own.