Valentine cookies are the perfect easy gift for your loved one or little one, and they’re easy enough for the kids to make their own hand-made Valentine’s gifts, too. These no-bake lady bug covered Oreos are perfect for class parties and more. I always love a quick and easy recipe, and I know that you will too! Just grab your ingredients and whip up a batch of these in no time at all.
Are you ready to make some Valentine’s Day cards to go with your Lady Bug Oreos? Try making these Funny Llama Valentines or learn how to use your Cricut to customize your own cards.
Make your own Valentine cookies
Get your supplies from your favorite grocery store and whip up a batch of these Lady Bug cookies for Valentine’s Day in just a few minutes. They’re cute and delicious — everyone will love them!
- Double Stuff Oreos
- Chocolate melting wafers
- Red candy melts
- Parchment paper
- Small edible eyes
- Wilton mini pink hearts
- Piping bag or zip topped bag
How to Make Lady Bug Valentine Cookies
If you’re really wanting to go all out this Valentine’s Day, make these super cute (and absolutely delicious) Lady Bug Covered Oreos and put them in a cute Valentine’s Day treat box for an extra special touch.
Step 1: Melt the Red Chocolates
First, melt the red candy melts according to the package instructions. You can add a little oil to them if they are not smooth once melted.
Step 2: Coat the Oreos
Next, add in your Oreos with a fork and coat both sides. Remove excess candy melt and move to some parchment paper. Allow to set about an hour before continuing.
Step 3: Begin the Lady Bug
Then melt the chocolate wafers according to the package instructions. Dip your red-coated cookie into the chocolate just a bit to get your face. Return to parchment paper. Immediately press in two eyes.
Step 4: Customize Your Valentine Cookies
Add some melted chocolate to a piping bag or zip topped bag. Cut the corner off and add the line down the middle of your lady bug as well as a few dots as shown below.
Step 5: Allow to Cool and Serve!
Add candy hearts to some of your dots. Allow everything to harden completely before serving. Then serve up your Lady Bug cookies to your loved ones!
Love these Lady Bug cookies and want more ideas? Try the links below!
- Valentine’s Day Muddy Buddies
- Chocolate Bark for Valentine’s Day
- Valentine’s Day Pops
- Red Velvet Fudge
- Heart Cupcakes
- Reversible Valentines and Winter Sign
Want to print the instructions for making these Lady Bug cookies? You can use the card below!
- parchment paper
- Piping bag or zip topped bag
- 1 Double Stuff Oreo
- 1/2 tsp Chocolate melting wafers
- 1 tsp Red candy melts
- 2 Small edible eyes
- 10 Wilton mini pink hearts
- Melt the red candy melts according to the package instructions. You can add a little oil to them if they are not smooth once melted. Add in your Oreo cookie.
- Coat both sides of the cookie then lift with a fork. Remove excess candy melt and move to some parchment paper. Allow to set up about an hour before continuing.
- Melt the chocolate wafers according to the package instructions. Dip your red-coated cookie into the chocolate just a bit to get your face. Return to parchment paper. Immediately press in two eyes.
- Add some melted chocolate to a piping bag or zip topped bag. Cut the corner off and add the line down the middle of your lady bug as well as a few dots as shown in the image.
- Add candy hearts to some of your dots. Allow everything to harden completely before serving.
Looking for easy recipe ideas?
Struggling with supper and what to make? Do you wish you had a way to make meals faster? The dump recipes system allows you to make 10 meals in just one hour or less, rescuing your dinnertime and saving you time and money.
Want to try it for yourself? I have the perfect cookbook for you. Chicken Dump Recipes includes 5 plans, each with printable shopping lists and printable labels. Most of the 25 recipes included can go from the freezer to the crockpot, saving you even more time. All the recipes include gluten-free instructions as well.
What are you waiting for? Give the dump recipes system a try in your home and make meal time a bit easier!