Enjoy making these fun DIY Valentine’s Day boxes and snacks for classroom school parties, birthday parties, and more. With a sweet and salty snack recipe that includes pretzels, melted white chocolate, and candy, these Valentine’s Day treat boxes are so fun and perfect for giving away as gifts.
In need of more cute and easy Valentine’s Day craft ideas? Read all about these fun Cricut Valentine’s Day ideas! There are plenty of ideas to go around to everyone.
Make Your Own Valentine’s Day Treat Boxes
Not only do you get to make your own Valentine’s Day gift boxes this year, but you get to enjoy sweet and salty pretzel snacks, too, that are garnished with little M&M candies.
Send these DIY Valentine’s Day boxes with your kid to school for their classroom parties to hand out to the other students or just make these for your own kids and family members!
Ingredients for Valentine’s Day Sweet and Salty Snacks
- Pretzels: Crunchy pretzels give these snacks the salitness they need. I like to use the whole pretzels.
- M&Ms: Candy M&Ms are perfect for topping these little V-Day snacks with! Either red or pink colors will work.
- White Candy Melts: These blocks or chips can be found in the baking aisle next to the regular chocolate chips.
- Zip Topped Bag
- Waxed Paper: You will need this to prevent the snacks from sticking!
How to Make Valentine’s Day Snacks
First, layout a sheet of waxed paper, then lay pretzels on top. Melt the white candy melts according to the package directions. Add the melted candy to a zip topped bag.
Snip one corner with some scissors then fill in the pretzels with the white chocolate. Add an M&M while to the melted candy on top of the pretzel while still wet. Use Valentine’s day colors with this project by buying a special bag of candy or picking out the red ones from a standard bag.
Next, just wait for the chocolate to set before serving. It’s that easy!
How to Make DIY Valentine’s Day Boxes and Snacks for Her and Him | For Kids
Now let’s whip up a treat box to go with our Valentine’s Day snacks. Some links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay anymore however a portion of your purchase will go to support this site.
- Pink Cardstock
- Glitter Cardstock
- Cricut Cutting Machine (Want to see the difference between the machines? I compared the Cricut Maker and Explore here.)
- Cricut Cut File (click here to access)
- Tape Runner:
- Cricut Scoring Tool:
First, start by using your Cricut to cut the pieces for the box. You will have two hearts as well as the box shape.
The fold lines on the box will be scored. Just fold along those lines and use a tape runner on the corners. Add the hearts to the front and back with the tape runner to complete your treat box.
Next, just fill the box with your Valentine’s Day snacks for after school or add them to individual zip topped bags for fun treat bags. Either way, these are sure to be a hit with all the kids at school!
I personally love any combo of salty and sweet so these really hit the spot. What about you? Are you a fan?
Whip up a few treat boxes while you are at it and use them around your home for a little touch of Valentine’s Day! You will love how easy they are to make. Now, head to the store and grab your supplies for these Valentine’s Day snacks!
How to Use These Homemade Valentine’s Day Boxes and Snacks
Use these as little Valentine’s Day goodies for all of the Valentines in your life! These gift boxes are perfect little touches of love for birthday parties, Valentine’s Day classroom parties, party favors, and more!
Easily personalize these DIY Valentine’s Day boxes with a marker and write your loved ones’ names!
Do you also want more Valentine ideas? We have them for you! I am partnering with 100 Directions, 30 Minute Crafts, and some other bloggers all week to bring you amazing Valentine projects that you can make with your Cricut.
Check out all of the Valentine’s Day projects that you can make with your Cricut below. Just click on each image to be taken to a step by step tutorial. Y’all enjoy!
Need to print the recipe for the Valentine’s Day snacks? Try the recipe card below!
- Cricut cutting machine
- Cricut scoring tool
For the Snacks
- White candy melts
- Zip topped bag
- Waxed paper
For the Boxes
- pink cardstock
- glitter cardstock
- Cricut cut file
- Tape runner
For the Valentine's Day Snacks
- Lay a sheet of waxed paper then lay pretzels on top. Melt the white candy melts according to the package directions. Add to a zip topped bag.
- Snip one corner with some scissors then start to fill in the pretzels with the white chocolate. Add on an M&M while still wet. Use Valentine's day colors with this project by buying a special bag of candy or picking out the red ones from a standard bag.
- Wait for the candies to dry, then they are ready to serve!
For the Treat Boxes
- Use the Cricut to cut the pieces for the box. You will have two hearts as well as the box shape. The fold lines on the box will be scored.
- Just fold along those lines and use a tape runner on the corners. Add the hearts to the front and back with the tape runner to complete your treat box.
- Then just fill the box with your Valentine's Day snacks for after school or add them to individual zip topped bags for fun treat bags. Either way, these are sure to be a hit!
New to Cricut?
Sign up for our email list here to download the Beginner's Guide to Cricut Design Space for FREE today!
Sign up to get the guide emailed to you!