I starting using a Christmas advent calendar with my kids a few years ago and they loved it! We have made it an annual Christmas tradition now and it is something that they look forward to every year. We do a countdown calendar with treats for each day leading up to Christmas. I actually do it from December 1st to the 24th. There are a variety of ways to make your own advent calendar and a variety of ways to do the tradition. I thought I would gather up some ideas from my fellow bloggers so you can start your own Christmas advent calendar tradition.
Christmas Advent Calendar Ideas
Click on each of the links below and the tutorial to make each of these countdown calendars will open in a new tab on your computer. From there, you can pin or bookmark those that you want to make.
- Christmas Advent Calendar (the Easy Way) | Country Chic Cottage
- Chalkboard Countdown Calendar | The Country Chic Cottage
- Printable Countdown Calendar | The Country Chic Cottage
- Mason Jar Advent Calendar | The Country Chic Cottage
- Rustic Wall Mounted Advent Calendar | The DIY Dreamer
- Advent Calendar with Plastic Animals | A Bubbly Life
- Dino Advent Calendar | Boxy Colonial
- Clothespin Advent Calendar | Simply Kierste
- Acorn Advent Calendar | Home. Made. Interest.
- Airheads Advent Calendar | Flour on My Face
- DIY Punchbox Advent Calendar | Studio DIY
- Big Box Advent Calendar | Mod Podge Rocks
- Muffin Tin Advent Calendar | Domestic Imperfection
- Activity Advent Calendar | All for the Boys
- Geometric Advent Calendar | All for the Boys
- Instagram Advent Calendar | Thinking Closet
- Jewelry Box Advent Calendar | Handmade in the Heartland
- Rustic Advent Calendar | Yesterday on Tuesday
- Felt Advent Calendar | Everything Etsy
- Screen Printed Advent Calendar | Happiness is Homemade
- Pottery Barn Inspired Advent Calendar | New House, New Home
- Pallet Christmas Tree Advent Darice Blog
I hope you enjoyed all of these different variations of the traditional Christmas advent calendar. Try one of these ideas with your kids or use them as a jumping-off point for your own amazing idea.
Want to buy a Christmas countdown calendar instead?
Love the idea but don’t have time to make your own? You can also buy your own Christmas advent calendar with any of the links below. These links are affiliate links.
So, whether you buy or make a Christmas advent calendar, your kids are sure to love it! If you haven’t already, be sure to start this tradition in your own home. Your kids will love it at any age!