This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
Lemons are highly acidic which makes them a great all natural cleaning agent. I am here with my top 25 ways to clean naturally with lemon. Love all natural cleaning? If you have missed any of our series, check out the ways to clean with vinegar, cream of tartar, peroxide, steam, baking soda, lemon, corn starch, salt and rubbing alcohol.
- Clean REAL brass with a 1/2 of a lemon and salt. Please be careful with any antique or priceless pieces. Never clean plated brass!
- Clean copper with 1/2 of a lemon and salt. Rub salt on lemon surface and use to scour surface.
- Lemon juice does wonders for cleaning cutting boards. Use diluted or full strength on stubborn stains.
- Soak clothes in 1/2 cup lemon juice per every 1 gallon of water to brighten whites. Lemon juice acts as a natural alternative to bleach. Do not use on any delicate fabrics.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to your dishwater in addition to your dish soap. The grease won’t know what hit it!
- Place 1/2 of a cut lemon in your refrigerator to remove odors.
- Rub lemon juice on any grease stains on clothing and let sit overnight. Launder as usual. Do not use on any delicate fabrics. WARNING: Lemon juice acts as a natural bleach.
- Replace your window cleaner with two tablespoons of lemon juice in a spray bottle filled with water.
- Hard water stains can be removed from glass with 1/2 of a lemon.
- Mix 1 cup olive oil with 1/2 cup lemon juice for an all natural wood furniture polish.
- Process lemon peels in your garbage disposal to clean and freshen.
- Add a teaspoon of lemon juice to your dishwasher detergent for additional grease fighting power.
- Lemon juice is a natural germ killer so use it in your kitchen and bath to fight germs.
- A paste of lemon juice, water, and baking soda can be used on your stove top and oven to clean up messy spills. NOTE: Anytime you mix baking soda and lemon juice expect some foaming.
- Rub a cut lemon on rust stains in the tub or sink to remove.
- Spray soap scum with lemon juice for a quick and easy natural remedy.
- Half of a lemon sprinkled with baking soda makes an excellent scrubber for pots and pans.
- Add one teaspoon of lemon juice to your load of laundry to help remove odors.
- Boil your socks in a pan of water with sliced lemon to make them white and bright again.
- A paste of lemon juice and cream of tartar will clean your grout stains.
- Dip hardened paint brushes in boiling lemon juice. Lower the heat and leave for 15 minutes then rinse.
- A few drops of lemon juice in your vacuum bag will freshen your entire house.
- A paste of lemon juice and baking soda will make your silver shine. Rub on then let dry. Remove paste and buff with a soft cloth.
- A cut lemon sprinkled with salt will clean your grill.
- Mix 4 cups hot water, 1/4 cup baking soda, and 1 cup lemon juice. Add to a spray bottle for an all natural air freshener.
NEW!! Now you can print the complete guide to natural cleaning and keep it as a handy reference around your home. There are 225 ideas for using vinegar, cream of tartar, lemons, hydrogen peroxide, steam, baking soda, corn starch, salt, and rubbing alcohol to clean! Yep all of those things you probably have around your house already can be really powerful all natural cleaners.
Just click here to add this download to your cart. Then just download to your computer. You can then print on your home printer and keep this complete guide to natural cleaning handy all year! I have just had many requests for a printable version of my cleaning series and thought this is the perfect time to release this series!
Want to see my favorite cleaning supplies and products?
I have gathered all of the products I love using around my home into one great section of my Amazon storefront. You can click here to shop! If you are looking for just about anything to clean your home, I probably have an option that you will love!