This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Any supplies used may be given to me free of charge, however, all projects and opinions are my own.
Time for another edition of my all natural cleaning series. This time we are exploring the cleaning possibilities with rubbing alcohol. Get 25 ways to naturally clean with alcohol below. Do you have any other tips and tricks? Be sure to leave them in the comment section for us.
When “alcohol” is referenced below we are referring to rubbing alcohol or isopropyl alcohol that can be purchased in the medicinal section of your store. REMEMBER THAT ALCOHOL IS FLAMMABLE! Always use alcohol in a well ventilated area. All cleaning methods should be tested in a inconspicuous area first. Do not use on painted or shellacked surfaces. Now get started cleaning with rubbing alcohol below.
- Add one part alcohol to one part water and place in a spray bottle for your own disinfectant.
- Clean stainless steel appliances with alcohol on a soft cloth.
- Remove hair spray build up from surfaces with alcohol and a rag.
- Soak your sponges in alcohol for 10 minutes to disinfect.
- Shine your clean sink with alcohol on a rag.
- Clean your dry erase boards with alcohol for a new look.
- Blot ink stains on clothing with alcohol before washing.
- Use alcohol to remove goo left on surfaces from stickers.
- Rub alcohol on permanent marker that has been applied to wood surfaces.
- Bathroom fixture rings can be removed by spraying surfaces with alcohol.
- One part alcohol to one part water makes a wonderful window cleaner.
- Alcohol makes a wonderful degreaser on surfaces (note that is is flammable and should not be used close to flames).
- Clean the tops of dusty candles with alcohol and allow to dry before lighting (again remember it is flammable).
- Mix 2 parts alcohol with 1 part aloe vera gel for your own hand sanitizer.
- Clean granite counter tops with alcohol inexpensively.
- Clean carpet stains with alcohol before shampooing.
- Use alcohol to remove acrylic paint from your clothing.
- Apply alcohol to a lint free cloth to clean your electronic devices.
- Clean microfiber with a little alcohol.
- One part alcohol to one part water makes a good DVD cleaner.
- Equal parts alcohol and distilled water makes in excellent cleaner for electronic screens. Spray a little on a cloth to wipe the screen clean.
- Use alcohol on a swab to clean your camera from build up.
- Clean and disinfect game controllers at the same time with a little alcohol.
- Make your own floor cleaner by mixing equal parts alcohol, vinegar, and water. Add in a few drops of liquid dish detergent and you are ready to clean.
- Wipe down door knobs and other surfaces with alcohol to shine and disinfect.
Will you try to clean with alcohol? I know I have been!
NEW!! Now you can print the complete guide to natural cleaning and keep it as a handy reference around your home. There are 225 ideas for using vinegar, cream of tartar, lemons, hydrogen peroxide, steam, baking soda, corn starch, salt, and rubbing alcohol to clean! Yep all of those things you probably have around your house already can be really powerful all natural cleaners.
Just click here to add this download to your cart. Then just pay the $1.99 to download to your computer. You can then print on your home printer and keep this complete guide to natural cleaning handy all year! I have just had many requests for a printable version of my cleaning series and thought this is the perfect time to release this series!
Just click the add to cart button above to download my complete guide to natural cleaning for just $1.99!!
Want to see my favorite cleaning supplies and products?
I have gathered all of the products I love using around my home into one great section of my Amazon storefront. You can click here to shop! If you are looking for just about anything to clean your home, I probably have an option that you will love!
Get our best cleaner recipes for FREE!
Sign up for our email list here and we will email your our free ebook with easy household cleaner recipes for your home!