How to Decorate Mason Jars: 5 Creative Techniques
1. Beach Themed Blue Ombre Mason Jar
I literally turned, tapped, pounded, etc until I got this.
Yes just let your paint flow on the inside of the jar. Then add in your second color on the side of the jar above the first. Again tap, shake, pound, etc.
2. Sunset Painted Mason Jar
3. Fabric Decoupage Mason Jar
For this first one, I cut the fabric into approximately 3-inch squares.
Two squares tall brought me up to the rim of the jar.
There will be some “bunching” on the rim area where the jar comes up to the neck.
4. Fabric and Paint Decorated Mason Jars
I then used Mod Podge to adhere them to the inside of the mason jar. Again applying Mod Podge to the front of the fabric and using a wooden skewer to work them into the tough spots.
5. Red, White, and Blue Patriotic Splattered Paint Jar
You are going to need red, white, and blue Folk Art Paints by Plaid.
Then SQUEEZE hard on the inside of your jar.
Love these ideas for decorating mason jars? Try these other links as well!
- Mason Jar Lighting Fixtures for Your Rustic Home
- Mason Jar Table Lamp: How to Make Your Own
- Mod Podge Ultra: How Does It Really Work?
- Mason Jar Wall Decor: Bathroom Organizer
- Baby Shower Favor in a Jar
A Year of Jar Crafts
Sign up for our email list to get a FREE book with an entire year of jar crafts! 12 months, 12 crafts, tons of fun!