I am continuing iron-on week with this DIY apron that you are going to love! If you are looking for a craft apron, this may just be the one for you. After all, when you write a book about hot glue, you need an apron that will be appropriate for the occasion! You will also want to scroll to the bottom of this post to see even more ideas using iron-on (my new favorite medium!) And yes you can also enter to win a great prize pack at the bottom of this post as well.
Supplies needed to make this DIY apron for crafting:
Some links below may be affiliate links which means that you do not pay anymore, however, this site will earn a small commission.
- Canvas waist apron
- Cricut machine (click here to see which one I prefer)
- Glitter iron-on (in the color of your choice)
- Foil iron-on (in the color of your choice)
- Cricut EasyPress (click here to see why I like this instead of an iron)
- EasyPress mat (optional)
- Weeding tools (optional)
- Packing glue cut file #1
- Packing glue cut file #2
- Upload the two cut files to Cricut Design Space for cutting. You can see more on how to upload files here. I have two different files so it will be easy to make them two different colors or even two different materials like shown here.
- Cut the iron-on with your Cricut machine then weed away any excess. Weeding tools make this a bit easier but those are optional.
- Use your Cricut EasyPress to add the iron-on to the front of the apron as shown. Be sure to follow all time and temperature recommendations for pressing. If you don’t have the EasyPress, follow the instructions using your iron. When pressing different materials, be sure to press one change your settings and the press the other.
That is it! Your DIY apron is complete and ready for your next craft project! Where am I going to wear mine? Well my next event is the Cricut Mountain Make-a-Thon! Be sure to let me know if you are going to be there in the comments as I would love to see you!
Want to make more iron-on projects? Try the links below!
Ready to win an EasyPress and iron-on bundle? ENTER BELOW!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email every week!